Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm done. I'm just done. I really can't take it anymore
I'm done. I'm just done. I really can't take it anymore
Maybe it's just me, but I really am just done with following the news cycle anymore. Or at least maybe I won't do it on Facebook. That way I don't have to read through all the vitriol and hate people have. America has seriously reached an incredible new low in my opinion. So, for instance with this heartbreaking news this morning of that congressman getting shot. I have noticed the majority of the comments were regarding his political affiliation. I mean, is that really what we have come to?  Where if it's someone who is a Democrat then it's a chance for those who are Republicans to use it to slam Democrats and vice versa? Maybe it's just me, and the fact I'm fairly young. I'm 23. So I really have only been able to recall the presidencies of 43 and 44. There really just seems to be too much hate going around now. Now, maybe it's because people have bigger platforms to spread their hate, ignorance and fear, but I am really just tired of it. 

What are your thoughts? 

I honestly blame Trump for this. I think he has started sort of a polar shift when it comes to politics in America. People are now starting to be much much more hateful [or at least it seems that way to me] on both sides because of this man.

I'm done, just done. You really seem to not be able to reason with those who disagree with you, either. It's literally turned into an us against them scenario.

Sincerely, 

Very disappointed in my country

But then again, according to those who support Trump this "isn't my country anymore".

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: I'm done. I'm just done. I really can't take it anymore
There's this wonderful country, planted on the West Coast.
Marvelous Mediterranean climate, influenced by the Gulf Current, generating lush forests on one side, warm plains on the other, nice beaches, but also allowing some snow to cap the highest mountain(s).
All this generates awesome food, naturally, so people eat well and healthily.
The people... are friendly, but reserved and a bit prude. But once you get to know them, even if just their names and they know your name, too.... it's almost like you've always been best friends!

What are you waiting for, join the Portus Cale.

Great Geography, great climate, great food, great people... what did I miss? doesn't need to be made great again - just never ceased to be!
Yeah, Trump has, ironically, made politics a bit boring for me. He just does things his own way and in some sense it's just too hard to follow. I have relatives in Canada and that's a lot more fun to follow.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Don't put all the blame on trump. He's at least as much a symptom as he is a cause.
Don't get me wrong: an inept, awful choice for a president if I ever saw one. But don't fall to him being a scapegoat for the zeitgeist that allowed such a man to become president.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
I used to be extremely sensitive to the news. Now I am desensitized.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Generally, I lost interest in the news and disillusioned with politics when the country elected Obama for a second term. When people want to talk about politics with me I just say that I don't worry about who the president is because I know the King.

(no, not Elvis)
Well . . .

we're preparing a probe to drop into the sun, New Horizons is on target to encounter a Kuiper Belt object, Elon Musk is preparing to build gay disco clubs on Mars, and Fibercon has your vorlon's colon working better now than it did when I was a teenager, I'm damn optimistic about the future !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Atheists forums, in its own small way has contributed to this. Look at the politics and news headlines here. Calling people cunts and nazis for their political beliefs. The number one explanation given for why people have different beliefs is that they are stupid. (Ironic) it's very difficult to have political opinions here other than that of the echo chamber without being insulted viciously. So if you want to make a difference in the political discourse in America, you can make a real difference here.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Quote:Where if it's someone who is a Democrat then it's a chance for those who are Republicans to use it to slam Democrats and vice versa?

Gabby Giffords.
I stopped watching the news in 2003. The grandsons of men I served with kept me updated from Iraq.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black People - Stop Blaming Racism, Take Responsibility Napoléon 227 25940 March 18, 2022 at 4:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25050 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1088 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9812 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  As Economy Crashes, Democracts Finally Start To Take Impeactment Seriously. ReptilianPeon 28 1888 September 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1009 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  It's funny how the right loves to dish it, but can't take it GODZILLA 3 493 October 22, 2018 at 11:17 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Realistically can anything be done regarding Trumps nomination? GODZILLA 22 2336 July 11, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The WLB Just Can't Help Himself Minimalist 6 1003 June 9, 2018 at 5:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Bill Maher's take on #MeToo Brian37 22 4972 January 23, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: shadow