Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other centrist atheists?
Any other centrist atheists?
Most of the atheists I've met are either liberal or libertarian. But I myself am a centrist, because centrism allows freedom of thought. Any other centrist atheists?
RE: Any other centrist atheists?
Yes, those libertarian thought police are really trampling human freedom
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Technically speaking, liberals and libertarians both support freedom of expression.

Besides, I've always kinda thought of Libertarianism as a centrist position anyway; we are socially progressive but fiscally conservative.
If only you weren't willing to stand by and watch while corporate scumbags rape the poor and middle classes you'd be damn near godlike!
(February 10, 2013 at 11:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If only you weren't willing to stand by and watch while corporate scumbags rape the poor and middle classes you'd be damn near godlike!

Because they can do a hell of a lot about corporatism, right? Sleepy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 10, 2013 at 11:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: If only you weren't willing to stand by and watch while corporate scumbags rape the poor and middle classes you'd be damn near godlike!
...I'm not. I've told you this so many times it's getting very tiresome when you try to paint me as some sort of corporate whore.
Oh come on Tibs, we know you have a suit just like this one that made with all your corporate money:

[Image: cckmIAZ.jpg]
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Re: RE: Any other centrist atheists?
(February 11, 2013 at 12:38 am)Tiberius Wrote: ...I'm not.
Sorry to dally...
But you're happy for business's to drive down minimum wage to below sustenance levels because the market polices itself?
(February 11, 2013 at 2:31 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Sorry to dally...
But you're happy for business's to drive down minimum wage to below sustenance levels because the market polices itself?

And then a whole bunch of people would die out... and the market would barely sustain itself Big Grin

Happens.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Re: Any other centrist atheists?
Natural selection at its best

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winning By a Landslide and other politicspeak onlinebiker 11 632 October 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Naturally. Crooks Like Other Crooks Minimalist 0 164 October 16, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The west's other face WinterHold 24 2608 September 25, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Pieces of each other WinterHold 2 492 November 24, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Supreme Court Cases (and other interesting cases) - A Thread! TheRealJoeFish 11 3655 June 2, 2017 at 11:58 am
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  White people assuming other white people like Trump Sterben 81 11917 April 1, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Facts Are For Other People Minimalist 8 858 March 29, 2017 at 5:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Among Other Things The WLB Will Fuck Up Is the internet. Minimalist 17 2722 January 24, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Any anti-feminists? Any feminists? ScienceAf 139 9720 November 14, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Good ideas from the other side. paulpablo 13 2188 May 29, 2016 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Whateverist