Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any anti-feminists? Any feminists?
Any anti-feminists? Any feminists?
I know I don't use this website as much anymore as atheism is not a big concern currently. So I was bored and wondering.
Why are people feminists? Women have equal rights, so do minorities. The "Civil Rights Act of 1964" ensures they get the same pay and employment opportunities in the workplace (based on merits and skills).

And women are people so the constitution obviously applies to them.

Sure some people aren't treated nicely but what's feminism gonna do about it? Stop people from speaking? Limiting freedom of speech?

Sure, we needed feminism at one point, just like how Islamic countries need it now. But second wave and third wave serve no purpose.

Maybe they don't have the same opportunities? Well there's egalitarianism. And what's up with people getting pissed about these labels.

"No I don't wanna be called egalitarian because I RESPECT HUMANS".

Jesus do you want a pat on the back for being a "non-racist" too?

P.S
America is not a rape culture. Rape is illegal, and who promotes rape?

RE: Any anti-feminists? Any feminists?
Because even if they had equal rights on paper, that needn't be so in reality? Also, many feminists are not really occupied with giving women more power to enslave men (though I did date a girl like that once - well, we were 16, lol) but rather with getting rid of harmful gender stereotypes which affect everyone negatively. The fem in the name feminist is then more like a historical artifact...

Another thing - if equal rights to you just means having the same rights on paper, you neglect that women have to carry the burden of child bearing for the rest of us, and someone interested in progressive politics might be in favor of compensating for that somehow. To what extent and how needs to be discussed.

At the end of the day, the label as you use it is not usefulto me anymore because it means what you want it to mean to make whatever provokative point you are trying to make.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'm an equalist. Of necessity, that requires a clear-eyed view of the inequalities in our society, and that includes issues where women get the short end of the stick too.

(November 12, 2016 at 1:15 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm an equalist. Of necessity, that requires a clear-eyed view of the inequalities in our society, and that includes issues where women get the short end of the stick too.

Case in point: I stayed home for a year to take care of the kid, because my wife just got a great job and I happened to be between jobs because I had a limited contract before. I immeditately realized that this raised eyebrows in some parts of sociefy , as in - ok, so since the man doesn't have a regular income right now, you guys obviously don't have much money, can you even afford the rent for this apartment? No, dumbass, my wife has a highly qualified job and we could pay for your stupid apartment if it cost double. I guarantee you, if the roles had been reversed, noone would have said, oh your wife stays home with the kid, do you even have a family income? Voilà, gender stereotypes against women which hurt both men and women.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I already explained my points to you in-depth in the last feminism thread you made. I'm not going to bother digging them up again. Refer there for your answers.
Just a reminder to pull your punches, folks...the little guy here, "calls" himself 13. Wink
(November 12, 2016 at 12:55 am)ScienceAf Wrote: I know I don't use this website as much anymore as atheism is not a big concern currently. So I was bored and wondering.
Why are people feminists? Women have equal rights, so do minorities. The "Civil Rights Act of 1964" ensures they get the same pay and employment opportunities in the workplace (based on merits and skills).

And women are people so the constitution obviously applies to them.

Sure some people aren't treated nicely but what's feminism gonna do about it? Stop people from speaking? Limiting freedom of speech?

Sure, we needed feminism at one point, just like how Islamic countries need it now. But second wave and third wave serve no purpose.

Maybe they don't have the same opportunities? Well there's egalitarianism. And what's up with people getting pissed about these labels.

"No I don't wanna be called egalitarian because I RESPECT HUMANS".

Jesus do you want a pat on the back for being a "non-racist" too?

P.S
America is not a rape culture. Rape is illegal, and who promotes rape?
*my emphasis*

Second wavers get no guff from me, it's the third wave, shrieking, lunatics who do. In that way I suppose I'm an anti-feminist. The part I put in bold is what concerns me about the regressives in the feminist movement, there's a lot of them that would love to censor free speech and the way our media can be expressed. Fuck that, and fuck those faux-moralist busybodies.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(November 12, 2016 at 12:55 am)ScienceAf Wrote: Rape is illegal, and who promotes rape?

The guy who talks about grabbing women by the pussy.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I wouldn't really describe myself as a feminist.
I'm comfortable saying that I'm a feminist. 

I refuse to abstain from using that particular label (among many, many others) to define myself, simply because others have no personal use for said label, misconceive my notion of feminism due to someone else's radical views, or because they find the notion itself, "stupid". 

I tend to file that sort of shit under "Not My Problem".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-immigration..does Right wing still fools masses? WinterHold 106 4758 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2379 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1831 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anti Cop Apologist Memes The Architect Of Fate 18 1977 June 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Black Lives Matter is not anti racist, but pro marxist Ramus932 25 2040 June 14, 2020 at 2:10 am
Last Post: Zepp
  Feminists are all incels Sanau 112 6791 April 6, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Anti Trans And Why It Fails Amarok 78 7955 December 27, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Anti Trans Bathroom Law Proganada is Kind Of Misandrist Amarok 30 3392 March 7, 2018 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  GOP/Cuba and anti/immigration/refugee crap Brian37 11 3883 November 29, 2016 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Anti-Republican Memes Shining_Finger 12 20908 October 13, 2015 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia