Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Westboro Member Poses for NOH8 Campaign
Former Westboro Member Poses for NOH8 Campaign
Some good news
Quote:Former Westboro Baptist Church member Lauren Drain posed for the pro-equality NOH8 campaign, calling the church a "cult."
Lauren Drain, a former member of the antigay, antisemitic Westboro Baptist Church, posed for photographer Adam Bouska's NOH8 campaign, calling the church a "cult," and confirming that she still identifies as a Christian, but now stands against "any and all forms of violence, discrimination, bullying, or bigotry directed at someone else due to their personal lifestyle."http://www.advocate.com/politics/religio...campaign-0
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Former Westboro Member Poses for NOH8 Campaign
And while we're on the subject of popularity grabs...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM8bUnlGQ

I could teach her so very much Heart I know exactly what she needs.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(February 11, 2013 at 12:24 am)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: And while we're on the subject of popularity grabs...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_uM8bUnlGQ

I could teach her so very much Heart I know exactly what she needs.

Okay, now I'm confused beyond all measure. Tongue I had heard about this musical in title, but the song mindfucked me.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
It is good that this person has seen the Westboro Baptist Church for what it is, (a hateful organisation), and has learned to respect people instead of hating them. I am glad.

I agree with the "cult" definition. As far as I understand, it was essentially a single family with the dad as the boss/preacher (?).

Society should just have ignored them, and they would have gonme away, like all irritants. The only reason they got media coverage at all, was to allow the media to besmirch Christianity.
(February 12, 2013 at 10:00 am)Gabriel Syme Wrote: It is good that this person has seen the Westboro Baptist Church for what it is, (a hateful organisation), and has learned to respect people instead of hating them. I am glad.

I agree with the "cult" definition. As far as I understand, it was essentially a single family with the dad as the boss/preacher (?).

Society should just have ignored them, and they would have gonme away, like all irritants. The only reason they got media coverage at all, was to allow the media to besmirch Christianity.

I agree, aside from the besmirth Christianity part. I don't think that giving them media attention is a good idea. They seem to think of ad revenue on their website as a blessing from god, even if everyone who actually visits their site hates them.

Now, as for the besmirth Christianity bit, most media as far as I know has done a good job of separating them from conventional modern religion.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
(February 11, 2013 at 11:23 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Okay, now I'm confused beyond all measure. Tongue I had heard about this musical in title, but the song mindfucked me.

I'm surprised that mindfucked you 0.o What about it managed that? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCguQ1_wqVM

Felt like randomly sticking music here. Because me.
(February 12, 2013 at 3:05 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote:
(February 11, 2013 at 11:23 pm)Aegrus Wrote: Okay, now I'm confused beyond all measure. Tongue I had heard about this musical in title, but the song mindfucked me.

I'm surprised that mindfucked you 0.o What about it managed that? Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCguQ1_wqVM

Felt like randomly sticking music here. Because me.

I'm used to listening to metal, preferably German industrial metal (Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, pretty much anything with murder and cannibalism), not musicals! Cool Shades

(February 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm)Aegrus Wrote: I'm used to listening to metal, preferably German industrial metal (Rammstein, Megaherz, Eisbrecher, pretty much anything with murder and cannibalism), not musicals! Cool Shades

Well, there's your problem: expand your musical understanding!

Dolly Parton knocks that shit out of the park.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former Catholic MR. Macabre 666 12 1284 October 2, 2023 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Confessions of a former Christian fundamentalist. Jehanne 56 14330 December 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Delicate
  Tribal loyalty towards your former religion Aaran 27 6214 July 13, 2015 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Metis
  A former agnostic, with doubts? Madness20 37 8547 September 17, 2014 at 2:52 am
Last Post: bennyboy
Question Westboro Baptist Church off to Iraq Nine 23 4998 August 26, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Westboro Baptist Church targeted by Anonymous Ashendant 51 15109 January 20, 2014 at 12:32 am
Last Post: Violet
  Question for the Former Theists thesummerqueen 15 5788 March 22, 2013 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  US church bans member of congregation from marrying there. downbeatplumb 8 3484 July 31, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Campaign Against Worship in Schools frankiej 4 2029 June 13, 2011 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Westboro Baptist is coming to my town The Skeptic 12 5100 February 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Thor