Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Campaign Against Worship in Schools
Campaign Against Worship in Schools
As some of you may know I am very much against the forced collective worship that happens in primary schools.
I went through this and I suppose is one of the things that sparked my hatred for religion.
I find that is is not only bad for the children as they get the wrong impression of Christianity but it is also actually bad for the church itself as so many children grow up to find religion tedious and forceful through their own personal experience.

Faith should not be forced on children. They are too impressionable.
This is why I am going to be starting a campaign against not just the collective worship in public schools but also against faith schools in general around Scotland and then to else where if it is a success.

I am currently looking for ideas for fundraising and am wondering if any one has any good ideas of the sort of things I could do.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cunt
RE: Campaign Against Worship in Schools
My advice would be to seek out secular and atheist groups in the local area, before fundraising you need to spread your message. In jrotc we did basic things, might be a little too small scale, but car washes and shit make some money, door to door donations might be able to net something but I would advise against it. Gather supporters at rallies and show that you are not alone, people are more inclined to support a cause with more people to it.

My thoughts are based off of limited experience, mind you. I support you by the way, faith needs to get the fuck out of the school system, poisoning young minds creates brainless zombies, I see a bunch that go to this catholic school down the street from me. Everything is jesus this, god that, it's sickening to think people out there are actually like that.
If god created all of us in his image, he must have been a real pussy and an irrational idiot to boot. Think about it, humans are fragile as can be, any living thing could kill us. Not to mention the fact that humans are the only species to kill over even the slightest differences.
I am going to be doing small fundraising over the summer, although direct door to door donations are illegal here due to too many con men. But when the next University term time comes around I am organising a public debate with the help of a local atheist society. i shall be debating my friend who studies Theology. I already have a decent amount of people interested in potentially attending.
Cunt
The reason they force their beliefs on people is because they're afraid they'll turn out like me. My parents are Christians, took me to church, but never every mentioned God or had one religious conversation with me. Most of my life I thought my parents only took me to church because they thought it was the right thing to do, but it turns out they actually believed. Consequently, with no one shoving it down my throat I had decided Christianity was not for me by the time I was 12.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The community I live in is a place where people usually keep their beliefs to themselves...I enjoy that about it but recently a catholic school opened near me and I campaign for them to stop but I did not really have the means to gather enough supporters, but now I have lots of people who want to see it either closed or its funding cut.
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worship and Emotion Astreja 32 8184 July 1, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: KerimF
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8281 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26267 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  How do people justify the worship of Yahweh? Celestine 13 4629 August 22, 2015 at 8:30 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why worship? robvalue 103 19270 January 27, 2015 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  What could a omnipotent God want with the worship of humans? Lemonvariable72 58 10808 November 24, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Ban forced religious studies in schools xXUKAtheistForTheTruthXx 44 14381 March 5, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: jstrodel
  Former Westboro Member Poses for NOH8 Campaign Gooders1002 7 5409 February 13, 2013 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Violet
  Creationism in UK Schools Chuff 10 5522 August 3, 2012 at 9:50 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  The Attack on Scientific Truth in Public Schools Erinome 59 22272 January 5, 2012 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Perhaps