Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refuting Creationist Claims Part II: Flood-Related Beliefs
Refuting Creationist Claims Part II: Flood-Related Beliefs

We know many of the unevidenced claims that those fuckers make...
Their absolutely ridiculous and serve as little more than a slap-in-the-face to logic.
I mean, for God's sake, they believe that a global flood devoured the entire surface of the planet; killing all of its inhabitants except for the incestful family of eight, alongside a load of around two million animals and enough food to suit their specialized diets.
First of all, must I remind these guys that there is only enough water to cover about this much of the earth .
Second of all, why a flood?
I mean, it's God, right? Couldn't he just use his infinite power to cause everyone to perish instantaneously? And why murder the entire planet's population? Wasn't what he found unappealing all a part of his plan? Beyond that, let's just leave that subject alone with the age old saying "God works in mysterious ways". Tongue

Did I forget to mention that their foolish beliefs systems hold the idea that the Grand Canyon was carved by a global flood!
Here are a few pictures that debunk that belief:

[Image: GC3.jpg]

[Image: grand-canyon-1.jpg]

[Image: grand-canyon-Fotolia_7769191_S.jpg]
Whoa, whoa. That definitely couldn't have been created by a river...

Each of these pictures absolutely destroys that argument. And it's a well-known fact that a flood would carve a large cavity into a structure!
ROFLOL
RE: Refuting Creationist Claims Part II: Flood-Related Beliefs
They cover this in this program:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORcjz-yDzk
I never met a single german speaking or german creationist, then again, I live in a country in which the chancelor has a phd in physics.

So concerning myself with these people isnt that much of my concern.
How come "god" didn't know how things were going to turn out when he says at the end of Gen 1.

Quote:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

Apparently his omniscient ass was wrong about the "very good" part.
You might want to check out Thunderf00t's excellent Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? series, particularly the early ones 'starring' the proto-Hovind VenomFangX and the Hovind itself. Episode one deals specifically with the Grand Canyon crap.

Then I can recommend the "Things Creationists Hate" article The Whole Silly Flood Story. Little wonder people laugh at creationists.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm)Stimbo Wrote: You might want to check out Thunderf00t's excellent Why Do People Laugh At Creationists? series, particularly the early ones 'starring' the proto-Hovind VenomFangX and the Hovind itself. Episode one deals specifically with the Grand Canyon crap.

Then I can recommend the "Things Creationists Hate" article The Whole Silly Flood Story. Little wonder people laugh at creationists.

I am quite aware on ThunderF00t's "Why Do People Laugh at Creationists" series, and I've watched about twenty episodes of it, but I'm making these forum posts as a way to debunk these numerous fairy-tales in a humorous manner. That said, there are some funny sections in that one episode in which he annalizes that indoctrinational cartoon which attempts to disprove the Darwinian theory of evolution.
I am going to continue with this series of threads, though.
The following other items are taught by Rabbinical commentators:
1) None of the animals mated or ate one another.
2) Gog, the giant, hung off the back of the ark, hanging on and swimming while his giant eye looked in
3) A cat scratched a mouse and Noah sewed it up and that's how the mouse got his whiskers.
4) There were 2 of all non-kosher animals and 7 of all kosher animals. That's a lot of beef!
5) Noah wasn't that righteous, he was only better than the rest of the evil in the world.
6) Noah invented wine, hence the forbidden fruit in the garden of eden must have also been a grape (in Hebrew a grape grows on a eitz, or tree) - gets you into trouble.

There's more, but that's just off of the top of my head.

Where was all that food stored for those thousands of animals? I wonder how much pool they generated, and how they got that problem taken care of.

Oh, and just to let you know, it's one of those stores that true believers sort of joke about, but won't dismiss. "What do you mean they didn't mate?" "God didn't let them" "How did you fit a couple of thousand species in there, with 7 kinds of kosher ones?" "God made it work out." "Are you telling me that Gog was like King King size?" "Of course." /head_bang
“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
(February 26, 2013 at 4:42 pm)C3P0 Wrote: I am quite aware on ThunderF00t's "Why Do People Laugh at Creationists" series, and I've watched about twenty episodes of it, but I'm making these forum posts as a way to debunk these numerous fairy-tales in a humorous manner. That said, there are some funny sections in that one episode in which he annalizes that indoctrinational cartoon which attempts to disprove the Darwinian theory of evolution.
I am going to continue with this series of threads, though.

Please do. I merely posted with the intent of supplying information.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1016 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
Video Rebuttal To Creationist Peanut Butter Argument QuackeryDetection 2 447 May 21, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Good Questions To Ask A Creationist BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1598 April 23, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Richard Dawkins claims we should eat lab-grown human meat Alexmahone 83 10368 March 18, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Creationist finds fossils, still not convinced zebo-the-fat 16 4213 May 31, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Worom
  What part of the world did the first humans assemble? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! 18 3786 October 18, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  New creationist movie: Evolution's Achilles' Heels Dolorian 35 10698 August 28, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Is Rape Natural? Part 2, 2014 Edition Whateverist 91 12892 August 6, 2014 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Question about creationist argument TheDeafPianoTuner 17 3932 July 4, 2014 at 9:02 am
Last Post: TubbyTubby
Lightbulb Study:Strongly held incorrect beliefs often cannot be changed by disputing facts MountainsWinAgain 17 3886 May 23, 2014 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris