Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning
Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning
Quote:We knew something had to be up with the resignation of Pope Benedict. After all, Popes don’t just resign; in fact, this is the first time a Pope has resigned in 600 years. Therefore, the hoopla surrounding this is more than understandable. However, as per usual with the Catholic Church, there seems to be a catch, and, lo and behold, it likely surrounds the infamous abuse scandals that have plagued the church’s image for so long.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/14/...resigning/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning
Wouldn't surprise me.
Crucify him.

He should appreciate the irony.
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually got the immunity he was asking for. Why? Because the world isn't fair.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 15, 2013 at 10:50 am)Minimalist Wrote: Crucify him.

I thought shoving the papal crucifix up his ass until it comes out of his mouth would better fit the crime.
(February 15, 2013 at 4:09 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(February 15, 2013 at 10:50 am)Minimalist Wrote: Crucify him.

I thought shoving the papal crucifix up his ass until it comes out of his mouth would better fit the crime.

Unfortunately that wont happen. Too many fans protecting him. Plus I am not into revenge. Even if we caught the Pope on video molesting a kid, the only thing we should do as a civil society is have him arrested. That would not justify forcing the Catholic faith out of existence. If any religion dies, be it Christianity or Islam or Hebrew or Hindu, it has to die from reason and questioning and or neglect.

Outside that we arrest people for breaking common law, not for their faith or political party or nationality or race.
But he still goes to heaven, right?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he needs immunity if he stays in the Vatican, which seems to be the plan.
I love that he's just going to ask to be let off. Can you imagine if a regular person off the street tried that over a serious crime?

Gotta love the Catholic church's arrogant belief that its adherents are somehow above the law, or should be, anyway!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote: But he still goes to heaven, right?

To quote Sarah Palin "You betcha". All believers have a get out of jail free card, just say "oops, my bad"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1797 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20517 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8547 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Covid-19 lowered the number of crimes WinterHold 33 2477 April 29, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 876 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3184 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In Buddhism Where Will Souls Go if they Haven''t Reached Nirvana Before the Sun Dies? Rhondazvous 11 2060 November 21, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: LuisDantas
  Now and before. WinterHold 78 10692 March 15, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why are Christians so ignorant of their religions history and it's crimes GoHalos1993 24 7299 December 7, 2015 at 10:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  For anyone who likes Pope Francis Creed of Heresy 26 3820 February 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter