Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 7:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity
Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/c...-oImH7ECB4

Quote:“This young girl had been trafficked to England by a distant family member who was a pastor and he trafficked her to serve as a domestic servant in his home.
“But when some form of misfortune happened, she was accused of witchcraft and abused, battered, burnt and tortured and had many bruises, cuts and scars.
“She managed to run away and was rescued by a Nigerian woman in the community who got her help and she was relocated from Lancashire to a safe place.”
Foxcroft says abuse can be physical, psychological and emotional. “The emotional and psychological abuse of being branded a witch should not be underestimated.”
However, he says such beliefs don’t always lead to horrific abuse. He told HuffPost UK: “Sometimes, people believe these things and take the child for exorcism or pray for them and that’s it.
“This is not about demonising African and Asian communities but about making sure children are protected.”
Dr Lisa Oakley, chair of the national working group for child abuse linked to faith or belief agrees. She told HuffPost UK: “We are not telling people what they can believe but we are telling them you can’t harm a child because of what you believe.”

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity
Believe what you will, but telling a child that they’re a witch is absolutely child abuse even if all you do is have an exorcism
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Yup, Jesse Custer Time:

[Image: Jesse-Custer-Mercy-Kill.jpg]

And thank Jah for Nigerian women who actually have enough of a head on their shoulders to know something was very wrong and do something about it (as opposed, naturally, to the other people in that community who didn't.)

And the sad thing is this isn't even that isolated an incident, even in Britain. Et in Arcadia ego.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I feel like there is no reason to watch such depressing stuff when you can chill to do better at work. It's masochism to watch depressing stuff like that constantly.
(January 13, 2019 at 10:12 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/c...-oImH7ECB4

Quote:“This young girl had been trafficked to England by a distant family member who was a pastor and he trafficked her to serve as a domestic servant in his home.
“But when some form of misfortune happened, she was accused of witchcraft and abused, battered, burnt and tortured and had many bruises, cuts and scars.
“She managed to run away and was rescued by a Nigerian woman in the community who got her help and she was relocated from Lancashire to a safe place.”
Foxcroft says abuse can be physical, psychological and emotional. “The emotional and psychological abuse of being branded a witch should not be underestimated.”
However, he says such beliefs don’t always lead to horrific abuse. He told HuffPost UK: “Sometimes, people believe these things and take the child for exorcism or pray for them and that’s it.
“This is not about demonising African and Asian communities but about making sure children are protected.”
Dr Lisa Oakley, chair of the national working group for child abuse linked to faith or belief agrees. She told HuffPost UK: “We are not telling people what they can believe but we are telling them you can’t harm a child because of what you believe.”

Seems to me much of the story has be left out, I went to the link and Huff wanted access to my personal stuff and that ain't going to happen, if they want me to read their stuff then they need to understand I have freedoms they can't infringe on, just as they do not want people infringing on the right of free press.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Here's a repost from a site that didn't ask me for personal information. It just told me to turn off my AdBlock. I refused and it accepted my decision.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The most disturbing image I saw in my life WinterHold 86 8297 April 16, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5473 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6094 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  How do christens justify child molestation? AngryAtheist666 47 3606 February 15, 2021 at 5:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone WinterHold 4 1122 March 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: brewer
  How to raise a child as an atheist Alexmahone 13 2277 January 1, 2018 at 6:56 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  This is incredibly disturbing NuclearEnergy 18 5224 June 12, 2017 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  If your child... TrueChristian 38 6061 February 19, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: comet
  What Can Atheists Do for This Child? Rhondazvous 2 1392 November 12, 2015 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Silly things you misunderstood about religion as a child Cecelia 51 12855 September 17, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd