Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone who likes Pope Francis
For anyone who likes Pope Francis
http://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/pope...tion-right

Sure, he may have SOME positive qualities. But when you get down to it, he's still a homophobic bigot just like the rest of his religion.
RE: For anyone who likes Pope Francis
Only religious morons would call an effort specifically designed to prevent the formation of families "defense of families". "Defense of families" is nothing more than a euphemism for bigotry towards homosexuals. Nobody's fooled.
In other news, abortion is "defense of children".
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

With popes and politicians, it's never "like" as much as "is preferable to".

As it happens I think the moronic things he's said of late are extremely damaging, but I'm not sure who to yet. It may server to expose what a crock of shit the whole thing is and highlight their hypocrisy.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well, to me, he's a minus one on the 0 to 5 Good Pope Scale. He talks a good talk, I like the fact that he isn't from Europe. But it's the same old shit. One of his first actions was to transfer several cardinals out of their respective countries just ahead of indictments. No doubt this was already on Ratzinger's "To Do" list. And he can blame it on the rapscallions appointed to the Curia (sp?) by Benedict as well, if he hasn't already.

His latest remarks on free speech sealed his fate, in my book. Undecided
By the way, I can't think of any Pope ever that's equaled or exceeded zero on my 0 to 5 Good Pope Scale. Perhaps the one who finally closes up shop over there?
Auntie Kookoo
Disclaimer: Wacky
You have a zero to five scale for popes, where every pope is in the negative digits? Sounds legit to me.

Okay, so Francis has gone from the kind of pope we might kind of like, to the lesser of evils. And will probably go downhill from there.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

What has he done that would merit the title of "Pope we might kind of like"?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(February 5, 2015 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What has he done that would merit the title of "Pope we might kind of like"?

He hasn't sexually abused any minors!... to our knowledge.
(February 5, 2015 at 9:53 am)Xeno Wrote:
(February 5, 2015 at 9:52 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What has he done that would merit the title of "Pope we might kind of like"?

He hasn't sexually abused any minors!... to our knowledge.

Neither did any of the "bad" popes, they just protected and facilitated it...just like Popey Frank is.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
This guy... started out decent enough...
But power corrupts... Some people just take longer to be corrupted by power... Frank's time is up... apparently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1920 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3295 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pope Francis even brings the Gospel to your pets Mudhammam 12 3117 December 14, 2014 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  As progressive as the Pope is, he's still a Pope... Napoléon 21 3907 November 18, 2014 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Pope Francis The Antichrist Christian 43 6265 October 30, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  you can read how great the Pope is piotrniz 11 2617 September 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Pope says atheists can go to Heaven now! Weewah 35 6203 April 26, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: FlyingNarwhal
  The Pope Assumes Responsibility Foxaèr 20 3312 April 14, 2014 at 11:53 am
Last Post: archangle
  Pope Releases Peace Doves, Which Are Promptly Attacked by Meaner Birds Mudhammam 6 1857 January 27, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  The Pope is such a nice guy Napoléon 25 4194 October 27, 2013 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: CleanShavenJesus