Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvEvP Minecraft Server
PvEvP Minecraft Server
We have a creative server, but if anyone in interested in fighting mobs and other players in a giant, populated "apocalypse" world, you should play on this server. Typically, you'll find two kinds of people: The kind and the griefers. They tend to faction up and occasionally go to war with each other. Griefing is allowed on this server (but not lava). The map just got expanded, so there is a lot of room to build houses or go exploring or join a faction!

I recommended getting the Rei's Mini-Map mod, since you can input coordinates and it will set up a waypoint (very useful for nether travel).

The IP is minerap.com (which is the same site you can go to and find more information). There is also a subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/minerapocalypse

This is a place of culture, danger and good friends. I hope you see you guys around (and maybe you can even see the city if live in)!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
RE: PvEvP Minecraft Server
Why band together with other people when you could go off a significant ways, build an invisible base that's a good bit above diamonds but below the surface... and forge your nukes of war?

... Let me guess... it's bullshit vanilla minecraft, isn't it? Sad Tekkit, feedthebeast, yogbox... so many better options.

No lava and water griefing? Lame. No racism? Hilarious. No nukes, no twilight forest, no magic, nothing... boring.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
The point is in the factions. We build, they grief (or the opposite). I don't think it's fair to knock vanilla MC, which has many options of its own. The server is very fun and has an interesting culture about it.
(February 15, 2013 at 3:14 pm)Annik Wrote: The point is in the factions. We build, they grief (or the opposite). I don't think it's fair to knock vanilla MC, which has many options of its own. The server is very fun and has an interesting culture about it.

Many options... how do you mean? I think it's wholly fair to knock vanilla minecraft's variety, because vanilla minecraft has a small fraction of the options that any one of the three modpacks I listed possess. Have you played any of them? Smile

You can surely have 'faction warfare' on various, which have far more advanced abilities for their PVP and griefing.
I have, actually.

I'm not a PVP-er. I'm a builder and I am a scribe. Smile However, every server is going to be different. There are a lot of good people on this server and I've made a lot of fast friends.
(February 15, 2013 at 3:46 pm)Annik Wrote: I have, actually.

I'm not a PVP-er. I'm a builder and I am a scribe. Smile However, every server is going to be different. There are a lot of good people on this server and I've made a lot of fast friends.

And those people could have been playing any mod-variation of minecraft, and you'd have had a similar experience.

Simple as that... vanilla minecraft is not in any conceivable way superior in variance to game mods that have more options (as all three of those listed... do). Every one of these has as many options as original minecraft... AND more.
(February 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: And those people could have been playing any mod-variation of minecraft, and you'd have had a similar experience.

Simple as that... vanilla minecraft is not in any conceivable way superior in variance to game mods that have more options (as all three of those listed... do). Every one of these has as many options as original minecraft... AND more.

Some of the mods are absolutely outstanding.
I'm not saying one is superior over the other, you were telling me that mods are superior and I'm saying vanilla ain't so bad. And of course it's could be replicated on a different server, but it hasn't been. I'm wondering if people want to play on this server for the people and the culture, not for having super-duper items or what have you. The mode (besides that it is survial) doesn't matter at all.
(February 15, 2013 at 4:15 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Some of the mods are absolutely outstanding.

Why the Notch Ness Monster doesn't just get the likes of buildcraft, redpower, computercraft, and more added into the main game... I just don't know. Tongue

(February 15, 2013 at 4:17 pm)Annik Wrote: I'm not saying one is superior over the other, you were telling me that mods are superior and I'm saying vanilla ain't so bad. And of course it's could be replicated on a different server, but it hasn't been. I'm wondering if people want to play on this server for the people and the culture, not for having super-duper items or what have you. The mode (besides that it is survial) doesn't matter at all.

I am telling you that the mods are superior. Vanilla is still the same fun minecraft it's always been... but I don't have to hide behind saying it's the best minecraft can be to say I enjoy it.

Hidden an irrelevant memory.

The people and the culture might be cool, and it might interest people... hell: I'm all about that culture and shit. But without a great deal of warfare/building options at your disposal, the whole thing just looks and feels 'bland'.
That may be true for you, but I don't need many extras. I do recommend the server. Lots of interesting things are happening right now. Vanilla or not, the server is a lot of fun and if anyone wants to play, let me know. I can see if the mayor will clear you and let you into our secret city. ;D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just bought Minecraft! Edwardo Piet 5 986 September 24, 2017 at 11:39 am
Last Post: JamieBra
  Minecraft inv wolfclan96 0 661 August 2, 2015 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: wolfclan96
  Minecraft anyone? wolfclan96 22 2806 February 8, 2015 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Violet
  Atheist Forums Minecraft Server Tiberius 67 35657 July 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Minecraft Server Tiberius 44 6685 June 2, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: naimless
  Help a Minecraft Co-Owner-Noob Today! llwynog 0 849 March 24, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: llwynog
  Minecraft for PS3 Napoléon 10 3015 February 11, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Nine
  Minecraft ITChick 6 1928 December 5, 2013 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Walking Void
  MineCraft Server RonaldReagansGhost666 1 1105 January 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Smile Minecraft Emerald 16 4044 January 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: RonaldReagansGhost666