Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft
Minecraft
Has anyone here made the mistake of downloading Minecraft yet?

I started with Minceraft, moved on to Tekkit and now I have ftb (unleashed).

I promise that I'm not addicted. I sometimes read stuff on this forum and do stuff IRL (like eat and sleep. That is important, right?)

Ok - I might be a tiny bit addicted. I see blocks all around me. When I have to tidy the house I pretend that it is blocks that I have to move to the right place.

Any thoughts on how to get past it?
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
RE: Minecraft
Quote: Ok - I might be a tiny bit addicted. I see blocks all around me. When I have to tidy the house I pretend that it is blocks that I have to move to the right place.

Any thoughts on how to get past it?

The best way to get past this block is to dig right through it.

Just kidding. Minecraft is a way of life. Once You first accept, it can never ever be relinquished.

I play Minecraft, but a while ago, and that is only because of updates to the client. Minecraft is currently version 1.7, and there is no mod support yet. So I will not play until forge gets on track again.

A great non-linear game, I play Minecraft both off and online when I do.
Buy Starbound tomorrow when it comes out on Steam?
Did you know this site runs a Minecraft server?

You have to let me know your Minecraft name so I can add you to the build list, and you have to set your Minecraft client to use 1.6.4 (we're using CraftBukkit). It's a creative server so there are no monsters. If enough people play I could create an adventure server as well.

Otherwise, just enter 'atheistforums.org' as the server address.
I love Minecraft, but I need a new server b/c my old one is shut down. Sad
I bought Minecraft before 1.6 came out. It's a great game, though sometimes seeds change for the worse. Like a really nice seed I had with four monster spawners close together. One for skellies, one for zombies, and two for cave spiders. Unfortunatley the skelly one turned into a zombie one.

I have built a nice 11x11 clay brick house when I'm not just living in a cave. I've started working on building a castle, but I don't have all the particulars yet, like what will be inside the walls. I've really only worked on the walls and towers, and how to make a moat bridge lower and raise, and a gate that will open and close.

There's a switch for the bridge, and switches for the individual sides of the gate. There's probably some way to make it all work on one switch, but I'm not an expert on red stone circuits.

I'm also trying to think of how to build a catapult for the top of the towers, even if it isn't functional. I can just pretend that it can launch TNT at enemies.

I haven't played a multiplayer server because I don't want griefers coming by and stealing/wrecking my stuff.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:Did you know this site runs a Minecraft server?

My brain totally misread that as "this site runs on a Minecraft server".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just bought Minecraft! Edwardo Piet 5 1026 September 24, 2017 at 11:39 am
Last Post: JamieBra
  Minecraft inv wolfclan96 0 668 August 2, 2015 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: wolfclan96
  Minecraft anyone? wolfclan96 22 2880 February 8, 2015 at 1:05 am
Last Post: Violet
  Atheist Forums Minecraft Server Tiberius 67 35739 July 29, 2014 at 9:39 pm
  Minecraft Server Tiberius 44 6731 June 2, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: naimless
  Help a Minecraft Co-Owner-Noob Today! llwynog 0 851 March 24, 2014 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: llwynog
  Minecraft for PS3 Napoléon 10 3037 February 11, 2014 at 5:54 am
Last Post: Nine
  PvEvP Minecraft Server Annik 19 6895 February 16, 2013 at 6:19 pm
  MineCraft Server RonaldReagansGhost666 1 1109 January 29, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Shell B
Smile Minecraft Emerald 16 4055 January 14, 2013 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: RonaldReagansGhost666