Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning update
Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning update
Quote:After resigning Pope Benedict XVI will remain in the Vatican to avoid criminal prosecution for his role in the sexual abuse of children by clergy, according to Vatican sources.http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-wil...-sex-abuse
Personally I would Higher an undercover agent to drag his ass to the European court of justice.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning update
(February 16, 2013 at 8:39 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote:
Quote:After resigning Pope Benedict XVI will remain in the Vatican to avoid criminal prosecution for his role in the sexual abuse of children by clergy, according to Vatican sources.http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-wil...-sex-abuse
Personally I would Higher an undercover agent to drag his ass to the European court of justice.

I mean, people did even more underhanded shit than this to Polanski, and that was only after he spent 30 years not touching underaged girls. Say what you will about what happened between Roman and Samantha Geimer, at least he's not responsible for crimes against humanity. Why not do something like that to the Pope?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Pope Allegedly Sought Immunity For Abuse Crimes Just Before Resigning update
[Image: uugQe1q.gif]
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
What a cowardly piece of shit. Typical Catholic humility; can't even face up to his crimes, hides like a little bitch to escape justice.

Storm the vatican with LA SWAT and drag his sorry ass out of there and tell all these countries worried about intruding or some other bullshit to get their collective balls out of their collective purses to stop putting the fear of "blasphemy" over the demands of secular justice.
This isn't a surprise. I'd like to see President George W Bush, President Barrack Obama, Cheney, and a shitload of other higher ups face charges in the world court. Sadly that isn't going to happen, no matter how criminal they are. They'll still prosecute the little people who did menial crimes by comparison though. Maybe if the secular State could lead by example in regards to legal integrity and transparency, then you could worry about lesser important things like whether or not the RCC is going to do the same.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(February 17, 2013 at 4:38 am)Aractus Wrote: This isn't a surprise. I'd like to see President George W Bush, President Barrack Obama, Cheney, and a shitload of other higher ups face charges in the world court. Sadly that isn't going to happen, no matter how criminal they are. They'll still prosecute the little people who did menial crimes by comparison though. Maybe if the secular State could lead by example in regards to legal integrity and transparency, then you could worry about lesser important things like whether or not the RCC is going to do the same.

Exactly. Prosecution and justice is for the little people, if you're rich and powerful, you can commit whatever atrocities you want with impunity. Sick.
(February 17, 2013 at 4:38 am)Aractus Wrote: This isn't a surprise. I'd like to see President George W Bush, President Barrack Obama, Cheney, and a shitload of other higher ups face charges in the world court. Sadly that isn't going to happen, no matter how criminal they are. They'll still prosecute the little people who did menial crimes by comparison though. Maybe if the secular State could lead by example in regards to legal integrity and transparency, then you could worry about lesser important things like whether or not the RCC is going to do the same.

A thousand times yes to this. Problem is that the US's military command is, while civilian-controlled, also HIGHLY delegated. As a result, most crimes of war cannot be laid at the feet of the President unless orders to commit such atrocities can be traced all the way up to the highest echelons. I know LulzSec's and Wikileaks' intrusions into DoD databases have been done in an attempt to do just that, but so far, nothing's been made available...yet.

I for one would dance with joy if Bush and Cheney were convicted for war crimes. And if it was shown Obama was complicit in them I would see him made to account for his actions too, just so nobody thinks I'm going for the double standard here. Thing is that there is clear evidence that ye olde pope is directly responsible for the crimes he is accused of, so the likelihood he will get caught on them is pretty high.
[Image: icc.jpg]

Every week I pass this building, since I live very near the ICC. I hope, but it won't happen, that Bush jr's last visit to our country will be one of decades. Send that pope for his crimes against humanity too, or for at least a trial.

I hope Obama will ratify the US's commitment to this court and dismisses the Hague invasion law that gives the US Government explicit permission to free any american from this court and invade our country. Fuck Bush and Cheney, fuck them forever. Hunt them down like the Mossad hunted down Eichmann.
Obama, I would like to see him in court, Bush is a plain out idiot.
[Image: final1361807471121.jpg]
Who here would give five minutes off their life to see the Pope not only go on trial but also go to prison after being found guilty of his crimes?

The cult of their own satan! Pedophile sanctuary. Amazing!
[Image: white-cloud-emoticon6.gif?1292330538]
Then there was a man who said, “I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; by then it was too late." Anonymous

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straight from the Pope's mouth Foxaèr 27 1839 December 20, 2021 at 7:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ignoramus 121 20842 March 5, 2021 at 6:42 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8739 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Covid-19 lowered the number of crimes WinterHold 33 2495 April 29, 2020 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 890 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3216 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In Buddhism Where Will Souls Go if they Haven''t Reached Nirvana Before the Sun Dies? Rhondazvous 11 2088 November 21, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: LuisDantas
  Now and before. WinterHold 78 11017 March 15, 2017 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why are Christians so ignorant of their religions history and it's crimes GoHalos1993 24 7330 December 7, 2015 at 10:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  For anyone who likes Pope Francis Creed of Heresy 26 3876 February 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter