Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Let's Fix The Mobile Theme
Operation Let's Fix The Mobile Theme
Continuing discussions on from this thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-17248.html

Long story short: Tapatalk has been disabled on these forums for security reasons. Until I'm confident that the issue has been fixed, we will be improving the mobile theme so it works with as many devices as we can get it to.

To help, if you have a mobile device and use the mobile theme, please tell me what improvements you think are needed (i.e. broken features, missing features, etc.)

Provide screenshots if the problem is aesthetic.

Cheers,

- Tiberius
RE: Operation Let's Fix The Mobile Theme
iOS/ Safari. Never used it before today. Only thing missing is Kudos as far as I can tell. Still mastering what it can and can't do. brb
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Very well.
Here's the forum subscriptions page as seen in my android running Dolphin browser HD (LG P500, 3.2" screen with 480x320 pixel resolution):
[Image: device-2013-02-18-154441_zps9158bbd2.png]
Those question marks are placeholders for images that the browser cannot find.
One of those images is in https://www.atheistforums.org/images/mobile/off.gif, but it's not there. The other would be the same, but ending in on.gif. Both images are missing, or misplaced. Fix this, please!!!

As for the missing kudos button, here's a screenshot of this thread where we can't see such a button:
[Image: device-2013-02-18-154834_zps9afdab92.png]

The link to the "My Kudos" page is also missing.

And, since we're whining, this is what I see when I enter any page in this forum that doesn't auto scroll to a particular post:
[Image: device-2013-02-18-155713_zps04f9bf86.png]

Of course, I can scroll down, but it's not entirely nice. Perhaps the ads to Shell B's book and Darwinian's app can be left out in the mobile version?
Ok, I've just discovered that there is a new version of the mobile theme, so I'll install that first and see if it fixes (or breaks) anything.
Not sure my post went up. Sorry if it is a double post
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I think you posted whilst I was installing the new theme, so part of the database was missing. Big Grin
So long as I didn't break anything. New theme is less cluttered. Still lacking Kudos.

I only have New Posts Help &Search. Is that right?
My phone's currently dead... but having My Posts would be a wonderful addition (it was missing, last I checked).
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Trying the stock browser now. Text box is still a problem to move around. Sometimes you just can't. OK if you're composing a short reply without quoting.

Major draw back to the mobile site is the inability to view subscriptions/ threads that you've posted to.

Tapatalk has a button to upload pictures or to host them on tapatalks own servers. Otherwise picture handling from a mobile is a pita.

You can't see who's started a thread, or who the last person is to post in it.

Tapatalk strips out all of the fluff at the top of pages.. Would be nice to be able to hide those

Hmmm just had a better experience with the editor box. I was able to scroll up and down with the text selection handles

Ooh new links Big Grin
Ok, I think I've enabled kudos for the mobile theme. It took about an hour of hacking things together, but it should work.

Please...before you test it: CLEAR YOUR CACHE. I don't want to have to chase bugs which aren't there because people are using an old version of the script. Everything seems to work from my end.

Update on Fixes / Changes

1. Forum subscription icons removed.
2. Kudos enabled.
3. More links at the top (My Posts, Today's Posts, My Kudos)
4. Ads removed from the top.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User profile mobile issue tackattack 0 675 November 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1297 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can't rep on mobile Aegon 15 2288 February 20, 2018 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Videos not showing up on mobile Aegon 6 1630 December 5, 2016 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  What have I done and how do I fix it? BrianSoddingBoru4 10 2305 November 19, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  Let's improve quoted text... Aractus 10 1917 August 5, 2016 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  Suggestion: AF app or at least a mobile version of the forum rado84 36 6072 August 4, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  My computer is stuck in mobile mode. Socratic Meth Head 1 1180 March 31, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  mobile theme is not fitting to screen pocaracas 6 1375 March 29, 2016 at 6:08 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Mobile rep button BrokenQuill92 2 1306 February 18, 2016 at 6:16 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92