Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's improve quoted text...
Let's improve quoted text...
When the theme was tweaked (by Tib?) he made quotations much harder to distinguish from the next text in the thread. There are two problems I have - one, it should be indented - it makes a big difference, and two it should have a clearer border. The insanely faint lines are hard enough to see on my display so I imagine some people depending on their monitor settings won't be seeing them at all.

Here's how it looks now:

[Image: QWRHZTt.png]

Here's how I think it should look:

[Image: uy4c7JN.png]

Note this should apply both to the page display itself and the edit box, and also include the [code] and [php] tags. And I'd prefer the darker lines applied to the whole theme, I hate the faint borders.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: Let's improve quoted text...
Dude just tick the little ticky box
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 5, 2016 at 3:18 am)Losty Wrote: Dude just tick the little ticky box

xDDD
But it's more fun to make a whole new thread about it lol
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Making threads is fun.

Shall I go make a fun thread about how making threads is fun?

Nah best not Tongue
(August 5, 2016 at 3:27 am)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Making threads is fun.

Shall I go make a fun thread about how making threads is fun?

Nah best not Tongue

Yes, yesss, I need that in my life right now! Tongue
(August 5, 2016 at 3:18 am)Losty Wrote: Dude just tick the little ticky box

That only fixes the edit box, not the page display:

[Image: JxYXwZt.png]

[Image: 5qj5KUt.png]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
It's really easy to see in both cases Tongue
The software here is a PITA. The only solution I see is to kill you all and let God format you.
(August 5, 2016 at 7:08 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: The software here is a PITA. The only solution I see is to kill you all and let God format you.

WTF ROFLOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quoted post changes custom image dimensions. Angrboda 0 725 December 5, 2018 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Question How do you hide lengthy blocks of text? God of Mr. Hanky 8 2188 January 26, 2016 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Sacred Text Forum Theoretical Skeptic 11 2486 May 3, 2015 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Theoretical Skeptic
  Way of knowing your post was quoted quickly? ideologue08 10 5264 June 4, 2013 at 11:09 am
Last Post: Nine
  Operation Let's Fix The Mobile Theme Tiberius 21 4956 March 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: festive1
  Help With Text Size neilmarr 4 2716 September 3, 2012 at 2:04 am
Last Post: neilmarr
  The last third of the reply text box is cut off Fred 6 2512 September 7, 2011 at 3:10 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Direct Link to the Quoted The_Flying_Skeptic 3 2565 April 16, 2010 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Tiberius