Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ignore Function
Ignore Function
Dearest Elites,

I write today in order to point out one can still see the usernames of the users one selects to ignore.

I realise this is in-case one may want to show a specific post from said user, however, perhaps it should be renamed the "half-ignore" function as it is a traumatic experience realising said user is still in conciousness after previously perceiving full "ignoration" had taken place.

I was wondering if one created a "wipe the user off the universe" function could it be implemented?

I'm not overly bothered as I haven't invested in the forum yet (only 6/7 atheist) and I've never programmed using MyBB before so cannot comprehend how many sleepless nights and packets of value noodles this suggestion would take.

Nevertheless, Sir Rayaan has implied I "oftentimes present fresh and interesting viewpoints in this forum", and with this ego trip I have decided to push new boundaries until my inevitable banning order.

Living on the edge. #YOLO.
RE: Ignore Function
(February 21, 2013 at 1:34 pm)naimless Wrote: I was wondering if one created a "wipe the user off the universe" function could it be implemented?

AF hit squads sound like they could be expensive and more than likely illegal. Plus I think the number of members would be significantly decreased once we could all send a group assassins with the click of a button.
Yeah to be fair it does annoy me how you can still see that the person on ignore has posted. In an ideal forum I'd rather not even be able to look up said users' profiles without un-ignoring them, let alone still see them in threads.
Oh please. I never Ignore anyone. They are an endless source of amusement.
You can if you publically name who you have put on ignore.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(February 21, 2013 at 1:54 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(February 21, 2013 at 1:34 pm)naimless Wrote: I was wondering if one created a "wipe the user off the universe" function could it be implemented?

AF hit squads sound like they could be expensive and more than likely illegal. Plus I think the number of members would be significantly decreased once we could all send a group assassins with the click of a button.

The process is simple. Send $10,000 USD to Carmine, c/o General Delivery, Las Vegas, NV along with the username in question.

(February 21, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Yeah to be fair it does annoy me how you can still see that the person on ignore has posted. In an ideal forum I'd rather not even be able to look up said users' profiles without un-ignoring them, let alone still see them in threads.

Even if all of that were done, you'd still see what they wrote whenever someone you didn't have on ignore quoted them, and there's not a thing that can be done about that.
(February 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(February 21, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Yeah to be fair it does annoy me how you can still see that the person on ignore has posted. In an ideal forum I'd rather not even be able to look up said users' profiles without un-ignoring them, let alone still see them in threads.

Even if all of that were done, you'd still see what they wrote whenever someone you didn't have on ignore quoted them, and there's not a thing that can be done about that.

Just to make sure everybody reads Cthulhu's message !!!
I can change it so that an ignored persons entire post is removed, but it really doesn't achieve much. When an ignored person is quoted by a person who is not ignored, you can still see their words in the quote. The ignore function does its job perfectly well in other areas, such as preventing you from sending private messages.
(February 21, 2013 at 2:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Even if all of that were done, you'd still see what they wrote whenever someone you didn't have on ignore quoted them, and there's not a thing that can be done about that.

Which is why I said in an ideal forum...
If you don't see an ignored post placeholder you wouldn't understand some responses that it might reference and be referenced by. So removing it completely is a silly idea. On the mobile site you have no choice to look at the post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alert function brewer 2 1320 June 16, 2019 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  "Ignore" Leaderboard SteveII 86 7299 August 17, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Is the fucking forum quote function in need of some subtle fucking tweekage? Succubus 14 1923 March 18, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: GUBU
  A new alert function Foxaèr 20 4441 December 20, 2017 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  emoticon problem fixed -ignore ignoramus 16 2102 October 6, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Report" function brewer 8 1861 July 24, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hide Function Fred Hampton 20 4241 March 27, 2017 at 4:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1145 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  About the ignore list Orchids 28 3628 September 22, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Did the search function change recently? Simon Moon 9 2961 July 13, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus