Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:35 am

Poll: Are you for or against gay people/ rights
This poll is closed.
I am a Theist who is against gay people/rights
0%
0 0%
I am a Theist who is neutral about gay people/rights
8.70%
2 8.70%
I am a Theist who is for gay people/rights
4.35%
1 4.35%
I am an Agnostic against gay people/rights
0%
0 0%
I am an Agnostic who is neutral about gay people/rights
0%
0 0%
I am an Agnonstic who is for gay people/rights
4.35%
1 4.35%
I am an Atheist who is against gay people/rights
0%
0 0%
I am a Atheist who is neutral about gay people/rights
4.35%
1 4.35%
I am a Atheist who is for gay people/rights
78.26%
18 78.26%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A small experment
A small experment
I was wondering are theist more or less likely to be pro gay than Atheists.
First I am a gay man And I will openly admit that and I want to know if homophobia is in the religion then the person. So If you could answer he poll I would be grateful.
I am, drunk at time of writing so I apologize for that, and please be truthful and maybe an explanation for why you choose the option you did would be helpful.
( If you are in-between like [an agnostic atheist] please tick the closest to your position)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: A small experment
Quote:So If you could answer he pole I would be grateful.
:o Um.....
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
Freudian slip, Daniel. Don't worry about it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I am an agnostic atheist. You don't cater to my kind, huh?
Remember I am drunk (at time of writing) so cut me some slack please. I will respond fully when I have sobered up.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
(February 24, 2013 at 12:12 am)Stimbo Wrote: Freudian slip, Daniel. Don't worry about it.
Are you sure? He said "I am a gay man and i want you to answer my pole"!

ROFLOL
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(February 24, 2013 at 12:22 am)Aractus Wrote:
(February 24, 2013 at 12:12 am)Stimbo Wrote: Freudian slip, Daniel. Don't worry about it.
Are you sure? He said "I am a gay man and i want you to answer my pole"!

ROFLOL

Grow up it was a drunken typo, I would like to see you do better.
For my part, it was a bit of good-nature ribbing, but if I caused offense I apologise unreservedly. If it's any consolation, I was the first to cast a vote.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 24, 2013 at 12:40 am)Stimbo Wrote: For my part, it was a bit of good-nature ribbing, but if I caused offense I apologise unreservedly. If it's any consolation, I was the first to cast a vote.

I want to know who really who, believes what.
I struggle to find a reason why I might deny another person any right I might myself wish to enjoy based on where he/she sticks his/her hoo-hoo-dilly.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One advantage of small towns. onlinebiker 40 3064 May 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1571 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2881 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Denmark, Have Moar Small Humons Fidel_Castronaut 9 1113 October 14, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Small CV help nekographic 3 744 October 9, 2014 at 4:34 am
Last Post: Aractus