Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small CV help
Small CV help
Hello fellow pagans, I need a bit of help with my CV. Could you help me find another way to say this sentence "This position was a work experience placement where my main role was to process reports sent in by engineers onto the company’s system.". I want to mainly change the beginning, as I already have another part of my employment history beginning with "This was a...".
Any help is welcome (:
RE: Small CV help
Sure, mostly you need to get rid of the passive tense and thus a whole bunch of extra words: In this position, I processed reports sent into the company by engineers. Get rid of the "this was a" in the last part too and convert it to the active tense as well.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Jenny

Great idea, must keep in mind, it sounds much more yeah! and less meh...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Try: "This position enabled me to ..."

That wil better explain your abilities rather than the other roles you didn't participate in.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One advantage of small towns. onlinebiker 40 3064 May 14, 2019 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  It's a small world after all. Brian37 8 1571 June 6, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Making small talk more interesting Bahana 33 2881 April 9, 2018 at 1:16 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Denmark, Have Moar Small Humons Fidel_Castronaut 9 1114 October 14, 2015 at 11:28 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  A small experment Gooders1002 18 2819 February 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Whateverist