Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists; what do you base your morals on?
Atheists; what do you base your morals on?
Just interested Smile
RE: Atheists; what do you base your morals on?
feelings

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Empathy and experience I guess.
Moral sentiment coupled with reason.
(March 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote: feelings
Love the honesty.

(March 7, 2013 at 7:34 pm)Insanity x Wrote: Empathy and experience I guess.
Perfect.

(March 7, 2013 at 7:34 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: Moral sentiment coupled with reason.
What do you mean exactly? "Moral sentiment"? And reason?
(March 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm)mo66 Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm)paulpablo Wrote: feelings
Love the honesty.

Perfect.

one hundred percent of the world bases their morals on their feelings, when muslims feel the need to have sex outside of marriage, and the urge is strong enough they still do it, when they don't do it then it's because of guilt or a feeling of fear that they will burn in hell from the threats god has given them

I actually had a muslim taxi driver who was driving me to a girls house for a one night stand and he was asking me about the dating website i used, and he said oh no i couldn't do that I'd feel guilty about my wife. And i said yeh i don't blame you if you're married. And he said so what do you do just go on there put a picture up. I said yeh. He said right so that's plenty of fish right? And I'd just put that into google? And I said yeh. And he said so do i have to put all my information onto it? and do i have to put a picture up. After the whole convo was done i felt guilty and bad for his wife.

The moral of the story is muslims still obey their guilt or their urges

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(March 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm)mo66 Wrote:
Perfect.

Its really not. Its completely flawed.
(March 7, 2013 at 7:38 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm)mo66 Wrote: Love the honesty.

Perfect.

one hundred percent of the world bases their morals on their feelings, when muslims feel the need to have sex outside of marriage, and the urge is strong enough they still do it, when they don't do it then it's because of guilt or a feeling of fear that they will burn in hell from the threats god has given them
You are absolutely right. Fundamental morality comes from within ourselves, stems from our own feelings, this what Islam teaches anyway. We don't need Divine revelation to teach us that murder, lying, raping etc. are immoral. I'm going to be controversial and just say this: The belief in God also stems from the exact same innate subconscious human nature, our innate "moral compass". I'll leave it at that...

(March 7, 2013 at 7:43 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(March 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm)mo66 Wrote: Perfect.

Its really not. Its completely flawed.
I meant your response was perfect, not the fact that your morality was based on it. I admire your honesty Smile
"perception" coupled with "good will" and "logic".
Yeh the feeling of a thrill people get when they murder people is also as innate as a moral compass, that why people love playing call of duty and its one if the biggest selling computer games world wide along with grand theft auto.
People have the innate desire to beat prostitutes to death with a baseball bat also. Fact.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, whats your view on "Stefan Molyneux" Aneiu1 1 564 November 13, 2021 at 7:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists: Your facade cant disguise Renio92 19 2173 September 2, 2020 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4437 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11322 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  What is your stance on magic fellow atheists ? tahaadi 42 4556 October 13, 2018 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2192 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Objective/subjective morals Jazzyj7 61 4404 February 19, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Your favorite atheists (Fictional or real) NuclearEnergy 48 9330 December 4, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 26972 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Subjective Morals and Societal Whims InteresedUser 114 30400 May 25, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Bunburryist