Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Objective/subjective morals
Objective/subjective morals
I only believe objective morals can exist with the existence of god otherwise everything is subjective, so this is where the atheist is screwed. 9/11, the three standard perceptions you can have with the moral compass and lack therof is 1. Evil action. 2. just a action(good and evil doesn't exist) 3. good action. Whichever one you pick for your subjective truth there is still two delusions that you're subjectivelyperceiving on a subconscious level. When bypassing the usa law and going straight to the theory there is no chief in command to dictate the absolute answer so all 3 of these perceptions(even though they cancel each other out) are valid with the theory for the individual that wants to perceive it differently than you. All 3 of these perceptions are impossible to be wrong with the theory but you're perceiving two of the answers as delusions so this is a contradiction within itself. If there are two delusion that are compatible with your theory then it means you don't even believe the theory is 100% truthful 100% factual on subconscious levels. That's whats behind the atheist mask of fact, logic, reason, science, intelligence,.They are all sitting on a subjective truth accompanied by two subjective delusion on a subconscious level which means they don't even believe it, It's all a mask to deny god while playing dumb that god doesn't exist.
RE: Objective/subjective morals
(February 6, 2018 at 6:21 am)Jazzyj7 Wrote: I only believe objective morals can exist with the existence of god otherwise everything is subjective, so this is where the atheist is screwed. 9/11, the three standard perceptions you can have with the moral compass and lack therof is 1. Evil action. 2. just a action(good and evil doesn't exist) 3. good action. Whichever one you pick for your subjective truth there is still two delusions that you're subjectivelyperceiving on a subconscious level. When bypassing the usa law and going straight to the theory there is no chief in command to dictate the absolute answer so all 3 of these perceptions(even though they cancel each other out) are valid with the theory for the individual that wants to perceive it differently than you. All 3 of these perceptions are impossible to be wrong with the theory but you're perceiving two of the answers as delusions so this is a contradiction within itself. If there are two delusion that are compatible with your theory then it means you don't even believe the theory is 100% truthful 100% factual on subconscious levels. That's whats behind the atheist mask of fact, logic, reason, science, intelligence,.They are all sitting on a subjective truth accompanied by two subjective delusion on a subconscious level which means they don't even believe it, It's all a mask to deny god while playing dumb that god doesn't exist.

What if I said objective vs subjective is the wrong argument when it comes to whether or not God is needed or even possibly employed for morality at all (whether as absolute grounding or absolute dictator)?
Your "objective morals" are as subjective as my subjective morals.

Worse your morals come from an unquestioned authority, whereas mine come from years of thought, observation and reflection, some my own some from others but every bit of it sieved and examined for value.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Apart from the convoluted 3 precepts in the OP, objective morals cannot exist because at the end of the day, a (subjective) mind is needed to make a decision about moral precepts.

For example, if I say that stealing is wrong, where do I get that moral precept from? Experience? Some unspoken authority? It doesn't matter if it is either, because after both considerations, I have to decide for myself if I want to follow the moral precept, meaning I have to decide for myself if it is a moral thing to follow, a given authority or simply experience notwithstanding.

This is why I say that people are moral regardless of what authority says, because it's an wholly internal metric, regardless if you find it in a book or if you have arrived at that conclusion via experience. I just think that getting there with experience is more valid than if you just get it handed from some external source, like an authority.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Yes! It took an objective god based moral compass to conduct the 9-11 attacks.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(February 6, 2018 at 7:12 am)chimp3 Wrote: Yes! It took an objective god based moral compass to conduct the 9-11 attacks.

And let us never forget that 9-11 was a faith-based initiative. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 6, 2018 at 6:21 am)Jazzyj7 Wrote: I only believe objective morals can exist with the existence of god otherwise everything is subjective, so this is where the atheist is screwed. 9/11, the three standard perceptions you can have with the moral compass and lack therof is 1. Evil action. 2. just a action(good and evil doesn't exist) 3. good action. Whichever one you pick for your subjective truth there is still two delusions that you're subjectivelyperceiving on a subconscious level. When bypassing the usa law and going straight to the theory there is no chief in command to dictate the absolute answer so all 3 of these perceptions(even though they cancel each other out) are valid with the theory for the individual that wants to perceive it differently than you. All 3 of these perceptions are impossible to be wrong with the theory but you're perceiving two of the answers as delusions so this is a contradiction within itself. If there are two delusion that are compatible with your theory then it means you don't even believe the theory is 100% truthful 100% factual on subconscious levels. That's whats behind the atheist mask of fact, logic, reason, science, intelligence,.They are all sitting on a subjective truth accompanied by two subjective delusion on a subconscious level which means they don't even believe it, It's all a mask to deny god while playing dumb that god doesn't exist.

You fail because you start out with "I only believe" and what you believe is wrong. Back to the drawing board.
I think this could be a shit and run.
William, is that you?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

God handing down rules doesn't make morals objective. Because then it's just his opinion. Yeah, morals are subjective. There are some things that are commonly agreed to be good ideas, yet every society makes exceptions for. Killing? Well, killing in self defense isn't likely to land you prison time. No matter what you're talking about, there will be some people who think differently, and believe it's a good idea. Slavery? Wonderful for the slave owners. No real downside for them.

I don't really understand the rest of your post. I mainly wanted to say that the argument thta morality comes from a god isn't an argument for objective morals. It doesn't matter whose opinion of right and wrong it is. If morality comes from the dictate of an individual, it is subjective.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 160441 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Subjective Morals and Societal Whims InteresedUser 114 30616 May 25, 2017 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Bunburryist
  Atheists have no morals? Islam & Christianity are actually crazy. bussta33 8 2746 January 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  General question about the possibility of objective moral truth Michael Wald 63 12726 September 15, 2015 at 10:28 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Atheist Morals/Purpose/Altruism z7z 12 3502 May 9, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Objective evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ? Delysid 142 31985 April 5, 2015 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Morals - Objective and Subjective Dystopia 16 5435 June 29, 2014 at 8:53 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  I have no morals. justin 32 8037 May 13, 2013 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: justin
  Atheists; what do you base your morals on? ideologue08 368 150137 March 25, 2013 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
Lightbulb Do atheists even need an objective moral system? Tea Earl Grey Hot 97 35822 January 10, 2013 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Mark 13:13