Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near Death Experiences
Near Death Experiences
Anyone here have a near death experience? Did you see god? Did you feel anything out of the ordinary of suffering?
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
RE: Near Death Experiences
I got a shock from an outlet once (it was an extension cord that someone had melted slightly with an iron, an I poked at the melted part with a needle), but all that happened was a slight memory loss and I regained consciousness seconds later some meters back on the floor Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

ROFL. Yeah, that... uh... yeah. I'm tempted to ask how things went before hand, to get you into that position. And, did you have a bout with turrets in your lifetime afterwards? My little brother used to make it a game to see what metal things he could find and get away with putting them in the sockets when he was 3. Then he got 'the turrets'. Grew out of it, but, good god that's gotta hurt being electrocuted if it can affect your brain's electrical whatnot. Did it hurt? And most importantly, did you see god?Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
When I was 13, I was so ill with the flu, that while I was lying in my bed I experienced something like my spirit or soul leaving my body. I don't know if that counted as a near death experience although.
undefined
(March 25, 2013 at 1:30 am)missluckie26 Wrote: Anyone here have a near death experience? Did you see god? Did you feel anything out of the ordinary of suffering?

I've watched too many chains and ropes break.

More fascinating to me than near-death experiences: people aren't just dying all over the place. Life's a stubborn bitch, that's why 'near-death experiences' are not instances of death being experienced. I think they're bullshit... any time I've been close to death, whether by drowning or expectation as something moves faster than you can possibly react, I've felt panic, fear, pain, or sometimes even tranquil (having given in to death in the mind)... why would there be anything worth seeing as your brain catches up with the rest of you? Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 25, 2013 at 1:49 am)missluckie26 Wrote: ROFL. Yeah, that... uh... yeah. I'm tempted to ask how things went before hand, to get you into that position.

I was a curious child and I wanted to see what was inside the extension cord Big Grin

Quote:Did it hurt? And most importantly, did you see god?Tongue

It must have, because my system shut down for a while, but no, I can't really remember any pain. And definitely no god.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Every time I breathe... Dodgy soooooo anoying
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
A combination of painkillers, vodka, absinth, cocain and meth (first and last time I ever took meth)

It had me collapse, lie on the floor and all my muscles cramp whilest vomit pressed itself into my windpipe and down to my lungs.
Funny enought, before I went unconcious I had realised that this might be the end and I just thought "ahhh. fuck it!".

After waking up in hospital, I had a very angry girlfriend, very angry relatives and very concerned friends who made me stay sober for a long time to convince them that I wasnt a junky or something.
I was bleeding out once and I prayed to god.

I do have numinous experiences.

They are just very subjective things to describe.
Once, when I was much younger, I told my wife that a dress she tried on made her butt look fat.

That was as close as I ever came...and definitely no fucking gods involved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Pam Reynolds famous Near Death Experience Jobin 28 4595 January 21, 2019 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire