Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What is your occupation?
What is your occupation?
I just wonder what people on this forum work with

I have no work yet but I´ve just finished school so I have a excuse to be unemplyed for the moment
RE: What is your occupation?
I work for the City of Boston as a "Principal Clerk and Typist" for building permits.

Fancy way of saying I do data entry type stuff
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Research assistant in the psychology department at my university.
Man I've done a pile of jobs!

Graphic Artist
Finished Artist
Film Stripper
Page Layout
Desktop Publishing
Programmer
Systems Analyst
Plumber
Roof Tile press operator (current job)
Graphic Arrtist (job interview on Thursday 2nd October - cross fingers)
So that brings me full circle!

In between stuff I've been a dish washer, barman, builder's labourer and night watchman

You do what you gotta do.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
(September 29, 2008 at 3:28 pm)StewartP Wrote: Film Stripper

For I second I thought that meant you where... a... stripper...>.>
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I work in a call center taking irate escalations for a major US ISP.

You know when you call in to bitch about your internet being slow, then demand to talk to a supervisor where the employee is an idiot? I'm that supervisor.

It's like 8 hours of surfing Digg.comm and 5 or 6 phonecalls where I talk down to people who have been screwed by my company. I hate it. It's soul-crushing and mindless.
I'm currently thinking of doing a course in biology or something similar, something that would be help to improve the scientific part of my mind; but something that would be of use to me personally as well.

I'm not sure what EXACTLY I should learn yet...or how to go about it.

Any ideas?
(September 29, 2008 at 5:40 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote:
(September 29, 2008 at 3:28 pm)StewartP Wrote: Film Stripper

For I second I thought that meant you where... a... stripper...>.>
Well that would have been a short career, but it could have led me into the comedy circuit.

It involved working with the four separated colours (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) on film to assemble a finished page ready for print.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
I'm a games programmer. Working on the DS at the moment.
Student.

I'm working as a network administrator in the institute of linguistics on the side.