Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out?
If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out?
You have to move fast and you can't come back for stuff you forgot. so what would you grab?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out?
Wife and two dogs. All else is replaceable or didn't matter to begin with.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out?
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2

-and-

my VHS of Al Parker: Flashback
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Cats.

All of them.

(Almost) Everything else can be replaced.
Dying to live, living to die.
My two dogs and my phone to call the fire department.
I live alone, so I don't have any family or pets to worry about. So computer, video games, and I guess a pair of shorts so I don't have to be standing around undressed in public. On one hand there isn't much I'd try hard to save. On the other hand what there is worth saving is in a lot of pieces. game console, charge cables, computer tower, monitor, keyboard, and all the other little electronics that make everything work. Of course I also have my contacts and other medicines and such.

If I had a pet, and family member living with me, obviously I'd grab them. Then again, the other family member would be less something I grab, and more someone who has their own three things to grab before they run out the door. Unless it's a little kid, and not a spouse or something.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Obviously, my dog, my fishing pole, and my 22.  I guess the kids can hold on to DumDums tail or whatever.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
My two cats.  Maybe my purse, with my phone in it, or my laptop - - but probably just the two cats.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Wife and two dogs.

I wouldn't have to worry about grabbing a phone, since my wife is surgically attached to hers.
Apart from people and pets?

1. My son's urn

2. The folder where I keep all my ID's/legal documents (passport, ss card, birth cert, marriage cert, etc)

3. My wallet
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 794 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Things You Miss Foxaèr 15 924 September 16, 2022 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4621 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 497 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  There are some things you lose track of, & regret. Brian37 11 1126 June 22, 2021 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Things you miss from your childhood. Brian37 23 1599 May 19, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 623 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1828 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 515 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32