Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things That Bug You in TV Shows
Things That Bug You in TV Shows
You know what I mean. Those moments when someone magically has a gun out of nowhere that never runs out of bullets.

I hate it in sci-fi shows where the main characters arrive at the scene of a crime and contaminate the scene, and then on top of that, when there is some strange purple glowing slime, they decide to touch it, or worse, taste it. WHY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Angry

What bugs you in TV shows?
RE: Things That Bug You in TV Shows
Not TV shows. I can usually explain "in universe" why something is the way it is.

Infomercials. I fucking hate them. According to infomercials, no one can scratch themselves, put on a blanket, wear a shirt of the appropriate coverage, dust and washing their own car, or find jeans that fit.

Sorry if that doesn't fit with the tone of the thread.

I guess one thing that annoys me is when a concept or mythical creature or something is introduced, there's always a character that explains it. If it's a good show, like "The X-Files," the dialogue makes the introduction or explanation to previously ignorant viewers engaging and informative without bugging those of us that already know what the Jersey Devil or whatever is. If it sucks, it sounds wooden and patently like someone is trying to catch people up to speed and reading a cue card.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
In torchwood they have a habit of threatening people or shooting with empty guns.

Filler episodes that add nothing to the storyline bug me. Or plot twists that are stupid like the convenient stupidity that somebody that is extremely careful accidentally forgets something extremely important to delay the story for a couple of episodes.
(March 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: You know what I mean. Those moments when someone magically has a gun out of nowhere that never runs out of bullets.

I hate it in sci-fi shows where the main characters arrive at the scene of a crime and contaminate the scene, and then on top of that, when there is some strange purple glowing slime, they decide to touch it, or worse, taste it. WHY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Angry

commercials
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
(March 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: What bugs you in TV shows?

When the good guys win despite being obviously outmatched, or simply due to the bad guys being utterly incompetent.

Thinking Or maybe that was just the shows I watched when I was little...
(March 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: What bugs you in TV shows?

When a perfectly good show gets canceled.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 27, 2013 at 4:47 pm)Baalzebutt Wrote:
(March 27, 2013 at 4:40 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: You know what I mean. Those moments when someone magically has a gun out of nowhere that never runs out of bullets.

commercials

I hate commercials, I want to watch a show, not have the story disrupted every few minutes by some idiot trying to sell me something I don't want. (I never watch live TV now, need to fast forward through the dross)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

There is a stool infront of my TV on which my xbox and ps3 are.

My cat finds this stool and the consoles to be the most perfect place to sit, especialy after I had played and the consoles are warm.

So often when I watch TV, I am forced to stare into my cats face whilest it sits on my consoles infront of the TV.

And I simply cant be bothered to somehow remove my cat from that place.
A lot, but the worst was this: ER, the first episode. A young doctor goes into a room full of patients with norovirus, doesn't wear gloves or a mask, comes out, rubs his hands all over his face and hair. I hate hospital shows with poor hygiene! Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I absolutely fucking hate the sappy, bad mood music that has found its way into most dramas at a volume that distracts me from the dialogue. Grey's Anatomy is the worst. I can't watch.

I've also always despised the canned laughter pumped into comedies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wokest TV shows in town Duty 22 1045 August 10, 2020 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  With all these old, cancelled television shows returning to the screen Foxaèr 12 3434 May 23, 2017 at 4:00 am
Last Post: StuW
  Your favorite tv shows NOW vs. your favorite tv shows of all time Casca 14 1736 January 15, 2017 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My current list of television shows Foxaèr 15 2515 October 18, 2016 at 1:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  One of the best effing shows I have ever seen. Foxaèr 0 607 July 8, 2016 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Serious Western Cartoon Shows Mechaghostman2 2 1000 November 19, 2015 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  What do you think of these shows? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 15 2628 July 26, 2015 at 5:11 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb