Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign in Quran
Sign in Quran
hello there, i am in all sudden feel like to ask :

what kind of sign or proof would you like/expect to see in holy book like Quran to make you believe in God..

p / s : i am new, this question might have been raised before. If it is, then I am sorry.
RE: Sign in Quran
irrelevant.

I read it. It calls for antisemitism, the discrimination of women, the discrimination of non muslims and other outright babaric things.

So even if the god of the quoran did exist (which the quoran doesnt prove in any way) I as a civilised democratic person will reject him.
(April 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: irrelevant.

I read it. It calls for antisemitism, the discrimination of women, the discrimination of non muslims and other outright babaric things.

So even if the god of the quoran did exist (which the quoran doesnt prove in any way) I as a civilised democratic person will reject him.

ah, that should be discussed as an other issue..

Okay lets rephrase it (only for you). If there's some kind of holy book that is perfect according to your values, what kind of sign or proof would you like to be seen in it? A Sign that would makes you believe in God, with condition that the book is suitable with 7th century's understanding...

thanks..
it wouldnt have to be a book, but god himself to appear in public.
(April 8, 2013 at 1:52 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: it wouldnt have to be a book, but god himself to appear in public.

And do some really cool magic tricks...that I will chose on the spot so he doesn't have time to prepare.

Anything else is just human gibberish....and as much as I think the bible is a pile of shit your koran is far worse.
(April 8, 2013 at 1:31 pm)remy Wrote: hello there, i am in all sudden feel like to ask :

what kind of sign or proof would you like/expect to see in holy book like Quran to make you believe in God..

p / s : i am new, this question might have been raised before. If it is, then I am sorry.

I don't believe god would use a book. I suppose If god were to make a book it would be made out of something more durable than paper. God would use magic so that it could be read by everyone of all languages, and he would use magic so the texts could never be distorted by mankind.

I think god could benefit much more by manipulating the internet to get his message across, if any religious person finds that thought ridiculous lets not forget writing is a technology, the existence of a sacred book is no more or less ridiculous than the thought of the sacred computer program, sacred website, sacred kindle or sacred applemac.

With regards to what would make me believe in god, its like asking me can something come from nothing, I don't know because I've never seen nothing, I don't know what divine would be because I don't believe I've ever seen anything divine.

Now muslims think the quran is divine, everytime I've asked a muslim why it's because of the scientific miracles within the quran and how it couldn't have been written by anyone else because it's so beautiful. I can't speak arabic so I don't have a clue how well written the quran is supposed to be. So then I would ask what scientific contributions has the quran made to society? I don't know of any.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

The only thing which would make me believe is if God himself appeared before me and told me something about myself that only he and I would know. That is likely impossible, as I don't actually have any secrets.
(April 8, 2013 at 1:47 pm)remy Wrote:
(April 8, 2013 at 1:38 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: irrelevant.

ah, that should be discussed as an other issue..

Okay lets rephrase it (only for you). If there's some kind of holy book that is perfect according to your values, what kind of sign or proof would you like to be seen in it? A Sign that would makes you believe in God, with condition that the book is suitable with 7th century's understanding...

thanks..

It would be impossible to provide a book in the 7th century suitable for their understanding that proves there is a god now. Anything suitable for a 7th century understanding could have been created by a man in the 7th century.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(April 8, 2013 at 1:52 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: it wouldnt have to be a book, but god himself to appear in public.

I agree.
A book alone is not enough.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The gods could stop hiding, I guess. They keep themselves hidden to all but those that drank the cool aid. I can tell rotten fish when I smell it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 44 1766 3 hours ago
Last Post: Leonardo17
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8322 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20487 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1237 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4264 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2858 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48690 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11851 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 858 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14097 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257