Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello... please don't kill me...
Hello... please don't kill me...
Greetings. My name is Jack, and I am a Buddhist. It took me about a year to see that buddhism was right for me. I was baptized Catholic but upgraded to Atheism a few years ago, and I still hold logic and reason very dear to my heart. I have come here because I love the environment of a secularly run forum, where rationality instead of dogmas and fat ministers reigns supreme. I look forward to meeting all of you in the forum!
RE: Hello... please don't kill me...
Hi there! Why would we want to kill you?
well, because i usually find alotta ignorant people who don't know what buddhism is about at first
(April 10, 2013 at 10:00 pm)Garuda Wrote: well, because i usually find alotta ignorant people who don't know what buddhism is about at first
Isn't it about the cessation of desire? Angel
Aw, we haven't had a decent buddhist sacrifice in months... The Great Owl will be getting impatient, and that never ends happily.

Welcome, Garuda! I have to admit to being one of those ignorant people who doesn't know much about buddhism, in fact everything I know about the subject comes from episodes of the old classic show Monkey. I look forward to being enlightened (please excuse the pun).
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Yes... preventing things like being rich, or powerful or famous and stuff like that go to your head. That stuff is only temporary happiness, and unless you give generously to those below you there is no compassion going around. Im not saying you can't have those things, just use them properly.
And a bunch of other stuff to long in list to count right now... im lazy tired at the moment.

Hahaha! Thank you much stimbo Big Grin
Well you made me load my gun for nothing dammit. Darn. howdy make yourself at home. Excuse me while iI go tell the mob to blow out the torches......
hahaha I'm relieved my friend
Greetings oh atheist Buddhist!
Greetings oh Atheist/cyan haired jesus/mo!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2587 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  trying to leave Christianity permanently, please help DoubtingHerFaith 45 5960 January 7, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Ethnographic Research (Help please!) stretch3172 110 15435 March 3, 2018 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Losty
  Please accept me here! Keintucky 22 4671 July 4, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  I need a lttle help with a few questions please Guesto123 16 1999 January 20, 2015 at 12:03 am
Last Post: Nope
  Please let this be better then the other af. Indiveren 46 10454 December 5, 2014 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  hello people.. christians don't count heathendegenerate 40 6249 March 9, 2014 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello, please allow me to introduce me Owlix 61 9416 October 29, 2013 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Hello, New To Forum, Hope I Don't Get Banned Blackrook 39 13489 September 26, 2012 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Whatkins
  please forgive me,i am sorry for that. nomercy 15 4036 March 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy