Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions and such :)
Introductions and such :)
Greetings everyone;

I am a 28 year old medical doctor. I suppose that alone should be a reason to not believe in supernatural phenomena, superstitions, or the 2870 gods out there.

I enjoy music (I play the guitar and keyboards), reading books about geopolitics, mythology, history especially WW2, and cold war history, as well as tradecraft (espionage). I also like photography, dancing salsa, and microelectronics.

I came here for 2 reasons. The first is to find a community of people who think like me. The other reason is that I want to help out new atheists as much as I can. I grew up in a free thinking house and I understand that not all are so lucky. In Lebanon, it used to be hard (almost impossible) to come out as an atheist. Not any more though.

Oh, and the nickname is a joke from scientology. Lord Xenu is supposed to be an alien who got annoyed from the other aliens overcrowding the galaxy and went genocidal on their sorry behinds. I've seen weird beliefs, but I think that tops the bullcrap meter with me.

I also would like to leave you with a favourite quote by Sam Harris (one of my favourite authors).

Sam Harris Wrote:The president says he speaks to God everyday and Christians love him for it. If he said he spoke to God through his hair dryer,they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd.
RE: Introductions and such :)
Welcome lordxenu!

So you finally escaped from your prison in the Pyrenees?

Please don't go burning us up in volcanoes again, I beg of you.
Welcome another evil soul into the so called dark materialistic side of life. Big Grin
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm)lordxenu Wrote: Lord Xenu is supposed to be an alien who got annoyed from the other aliens overcrowding the galaxy and went genocidal on their sorry behinds. I've seen weird beliefs, but I think that tops the bullcrap meter with me.

If he used a chainsaw to do it, that'd be pretty damned cool.

Welcome to the forums.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Howdy, Xenu!
(April 12, 2013 at 12:48 pm)Tonus Wrote: If he used a chainsaw to do it, that'd be pretty damned cool.

I don't know...

I think tricking them all into coming to see you by calling for a false tax audit, freezing those annoying aliens, throwing them into volcanoes and then blowing them up with nuclear weapons has a certain charm.
Sam Harris is awesome. Welcome iI think you're gonna fit right in. Seem pretty cool all readySmile
Thanks for joining, Doc Xenu!
Hello, Doc. Welcome aboard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introductions Asmodee 21 2563 November 23, 2014 at 4:57 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Such A Newbie !! Afifa Qua 20 5097 October 3, 2014 at 12:12 am
Last Post: Afifa Qua
  I'm not good at introductions, or naming threads, for that matter. ReGen 40 5644 July 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Video Introductions (from the crapper) Mudhammam 17 2952 March 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Introductions Avicenna 20 3780 January 6, 2013 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Violet
  Introductions FemmeRealism 11 3329 November 9, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The usual introductions Grazer501 44 13329 September 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Introductions Dumac Dwarfking 10 4479 September 8, 2012 at 9:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Wink Introductions picto90 11 3859 February 29, 2012 at 9:38 am
Last Post: picto90