Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introductions
Introductions
My name is Asmodee and I'm an atheist...wait, wrong meeting...

I'm an agnostic atheist. I used to be Pentecostal in my youth. I'm fascinated with the psychology involved in religious in other "woo" beliefs. I don't believe in gods (actively reject the idea), ghosts, alien visitations, psychic powers, magic, dowsing, the relevance of dreams, pretty much ANY conspiracy theory, that immunizations are in any way bad for you, that voter registration laws are really about "voter fraud", that pot is a gateway drug or that "job creators" are really anything other than just plain old "rich people".

I'm not new to this type of forum, but it's been a while. My personality rubs some people the wrong way. I'm convinced it's mostly because the typed message doesn't properly denote "inflection", which is very much in my head when I'm typing. But maybe I'm just a dick. If so, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about that. I sincerely don't mean to be. Pretty much the only way I will ever show an individual any disrespect is if I feel they disrespected me first, though I feel no obligation to show any respect to any belief system, which I may openly mock. But, I won't mock the person themselves usually, just the beliefs they hold precious and dear. If you don't want me mocking your beliefs, don't hold stupid beliefs. See? There's that "dick" thing coming out, but I swear, it was funny in my head.

Anyway, that's me. I like to think my posts are well thought out and intelligent. Of course, stupid people are rarely smart enough to know how stupid they are, so, there's that. I hope you enjoy having me here and I enjoy being here.
RE: Introductions
Welcome Asmodee.

If calling someone's ridiculous beliefs, well, you know...ridiculous, makes one a dick, so be it. I iz guilty as charged.

Sacred cows were meant to be slaughtered. Yum!
Welcome.

There are many different personality types here and some do, indeed, clash.

Just have some fun and we should all get along fine.

There's also an ignore option if your personality clashes too much with an individual.

Let's home you don't get driven off because of some clashes.

Look forward to reading more of your posts.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome Smile
I won't be "driven off". If I leave because I clash too hard with someone then it's my own fault as much as theirs. It'll be both of us too stupid to stop before things get out of hand, after all.

And I never use the "ignore" feature. What if the person wants to tell me that the Nigerian prince just died and they need my help and $12,000 to collect his fortune, with my share being multiple tens of millions? I don't want to miss out on that!
(November 19, 2014 at 4:26 pm)Asmodee Wrote: I won't be "driven off". If I leave because I clash too hard with someone then it's my own fault as much as theirs. It'll be both of us too stupid to stop before things get out of hand, after all.

And I never use the "ignore" feature. What if the person wants to tell me that the Nigerian prince just died and they need my help and $12,000 to collect his fortune, with my share being multiple tens of millions? I don't want to miss out on that!

Forget the Nigerian princes.

As a representative of the tax payers of Australia, due to government cutbacks I can offer you a unique opportunity to buy real estate in Oz.

[Image: bridge5.jpg]
Dying to live, living to die.
Quote:I used to be Pentecostal in my youth.

Congratulations for escaping.

Welcome.
Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(November 19, 2014 at 4:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I used to be Pentecostal in my youth.

Congratulations for escaping.

Welcome.

You don't know the half of it. If I had had any idea what that place did to my mind a good psychiatrist could have saved me about 10 years of misery afterward.

(November 19, 2014 at 4:41 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(November 19, 2014 at 4:26 pm)Asmodee Wrote: I won't be "driven off". If I leave because I clash too hard with someone then it's my own fault as much as theirs. It'll be both of us too stupid to stop before things get out of hand, after all.

Forget the Nigerian princes.

As a representative of the tax payers of Australia, due to government cutbacks I can offer you a unique opportunity to buy real estate in Oz.

[Image: bridge5.jpg]
I'm listening...
Welcome Asmodee.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm not good at introductions, or naming threads, for that matter. ReGen 40 5644 July 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Video Introductions (from the crapper) Mudhammam 17 2950 March 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Introductions and such :) lordxenu 22 4066 April 25, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Introductions Avicenna 20 3780 January 6, 2013 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Violet
  Introductions FemmeRealism 11 3329 November 9, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The usual introductions Grazer501 44 13325 September 14, 2012 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Introductions Dumac Dwarfking 10 4479 September 8, 2012 at 9:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Wink Introductions picto90 11 3859 February 29, 2012 at 9:38 am