Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:21 am

Poll: Do you want to live in a world where everything can be explained?
This poll is closed.
Yes
78.57%
22 78.57%
No
21.43%
6 21.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want to live in a world where everything can explained?
Do you want to live in a world where everything can explained?
In this world, scientific discoveries and research have stopped: everything is known to mankind.
RE: Do you want to live in a world where everything can explained?
I'm wondering how we would know everything is known. Knowing how we proved that would be interesting.
Yes, I want to live in a world where everything can be explained.

No, I do not want to live in a world where we are necessarily correct with our explanations Smile

Also, in a world where everything can be explained... you are living in our current world, and do you see science stopping right now? Angel
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I don't think it'll ever happen but yeah, why not?
(May 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm)Gearbreak Wrote: I'm wondering how we would know everything is known. Knowing how we proved that would be interesting.

Even better would be the hilarious faith what is knowing everything permeating every animal upon this planet. FSM Grin

(May 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm)wwjs Wrote: I don't think it'll ever happen but yeah, why not?

Because frogs.

Go bounce.

Bouncy bouncy bounce bounce pounce sing like a kitty shplounce.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 4, 2013 at 3:10 pm)Gearbreak Wrote: I'm wondering how we would know everything is known. Knowing how we proved that would be interesting.

Thank you for pointing that out.
Maybe I should have said "almost everything", but then the questions would arise: what is 'almost everything'?
On the other hand, omniscience is a difficult concept and it raises indeed the question how we would know that "everything is known".
(May 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Because frogs.

Go bounce.

Put those drugs away Tongue
(May 4, 2013 at 3:14 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Because frogs.

Go bounce.

I've learned everything I need to know about frogs thanks to you.
(May 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm)Luminox Wrote: In this world, scientific discoveries and research have stopped: everything is known to mankind.

It really depends what we discovered when we know everything.

If you ever play civilization for the PC, the lives of the citizens in the highest tech levels you can reach differ. You can either allow them to live in utopia, there is body exchange but also no sickness because of nano technology, no nuclear weapons, no one can commit war against you because you can read their mind, sea colonies, space colonies, fusion power and so on and so on, on the other hand you can make them believe they live in utopia while actually controlling them with a giant mind controller, increase their work days to the highest amount and decrease their pay and food usage to the lowest.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

A near limitless source of facts for me to memorize? Fuck yes!
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you live on terraformed Venus? Fake Messiah 43 4137 August 5, 2019 at 10:22 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  We Live in an Ice Age? Rhondazvous 10 1003 January 22, 2018 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Your phone has replaced almost everything sold in this 1991 Radio Shack ad Ryantology 15 3878 January 20, 2014 at 1:34 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  EVERYTHING THE RELIGIOUS CLAIM IS PROVEN FALSE daandaan 37 8595 December 31, 2013 at 11:14 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  I want me a printed moon house. downbeatplumb 8 3603 February 2, 2013 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 18183 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Barry "Rhythm" the Whitey Explained? thesummerqueen 10 3009 January 7, 2012 at 11:24 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen