Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree of love with relationship to knowledge.
Degree of love with relationship to knowledge.
I was thinking. Perhaps there is a bi-implication of love and knowledge.

What I mean, the more you know something, it has potential of either causing you to love it more.

The more you know love something, the more you have knowledge of it.

For example, in another thread, Festive1 remarked how she dislikes random people often. She tells about how one didn't mind their own business in a conversation, and hence, she disliked that person.

I think when it comes to strangers, we judge them quickly, without getting to know them truly.

On the other hand, people we love closely, we tend to have more knowledge of their flaws then other people, but we "forbear" them more.

We are more intolerant towards people we are largely ignorant of, and judge them quickly on mistakes/flaws.

I think when we fall in love with someone, we come to get to know them better than others. It causes us to have more knowledge, and this includes knowledge of their flaws.

But this is not only true of people. The same is true of different things like food.

We love a certain music, and we then get a certain perception and insight to the music others don't.

The same can be said about a book we love. The more we love it, the more insight we get of it.

This isn't always a bi-implication. But often it is.
RE: Degree of love with relationship to knowledge.
Yes, depth of relationship requires depth of knowledge. I sometimes use this principle in addressing the PoE. For God to have the deepest possible relationship with some, he must display all sides of himself, including some (e.g. judgment) which many will not like.

Another way to look at it: you could have a successful marriage with far fewer people than you could have a successful first date with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Relationship between programming languages and natural languages FlatAssembler 13 1154 June 12, 2023 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The argument from degree LinuxGal 9 539 January 1, 2023 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Thoughts on Courtly love (aka platonic love) Macoleco 16 1221 September 11, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  my suggestions of seeking knowledge. Mystic 70 10173 March 18, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Can there be an object with a relationship? TheMuslim 15 3819 May 7, 2017 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Jarrey
  Limit of knowledge? SamWatson 23 4079 April 9, 2017 at 7:15 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Logic Fallacies: A Quiz to Test Your Knowledge, A Cheat Sheet to Refresh It Rhondazvous 0 988 March 6, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Is knowledge the root of all evil? Won2blv 22 5837 February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why Does No One Change the Incorrect Relationship Narrative? InquiringMind 55 6735 October 7, 2016 at 1:31 am
Last Post: InquiringMind
  The origins of Humanities Objective Knowledge and the fundamental mistake of behavior fdesilva 6 1406 August 19, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE