Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there Evidence that Allah Exists?
Is there Evidence that Allah Exists?
Question: Is there Evidence that Allah Exists?

The Answer that was found on most Islamic Sites is "Yes. Allah has sent prophets and messengers with many proofs throughout the ages for people to be able to clearly see with their own eyes and to be able to use their own senses the miracles and proofs pointing to the fact, Allah does in fact, exist. Miracles of prophets and messengers of Allah have come to people through the ages. Moses showed many miracles to pharaoh and to the children of Israel. Plagues, locusts, water turning to blood, his stick becoming a snake, the voice in the burning bush and the parting of the Red Sea are clear miracles for the people of Moses time. Muhammad was the last and final messenger of Allah, and he was sent to all of mankind. Allah sent him with a number of miracles, not the least of which was the Quran"

My Point-of-View: No, There is no Evidence whatsoever that point to Allah existence.
If you look at the Prophets & messengers till Jesus, they all resemble the Prophets & Messengers in the Bible (Not that Bible is True either, but this is a different topic altogether). And if these so called Prophets & Messengers existed why weren't there any other prophets after Muhammad (Quran doesn't provide a reason for it)? Quoting from the above “Many Proofs to be able to clearly see with their own eyes and to be to use their own senses” I haven’t seen any proof with my own eyes and as hard as I try to use my own senses I feel that Allah in fact NEVER existed. Another Quote “Miracles of Moses”, The same one who ordered the tribe to kill each other in a fit of rage, because they were worshiping Golden Calf, But this is not mentioned in the Islamic version of Moses but in the Bible. There cannot be a two different version of a story very similar to one another. Another Quote “Clear Miracles” There were around 10 Historian around that time where supposedly Mohammad had the revelation of Allah through Angel Gabriel but none of these Historians made a note of that event. Well If there were miracles being performed at some place people rush to see it & be a part of it & Historians are the ones who make notes of events occurring during their time in their surroundings, But maybe these Historians were busy doing nothing & felt that what the miracles they are hearing of is bogus & didn't feel the need to note it down. Another Quote “Allah sent Muhammad with number of Miracles” Well to all the things that I’ve read about Islam I haven’t heard of any Miracle that Muhammad was able to perform, nor did he claim he was able too..

Some Might Claim Quran is the best proof for the existence of Allah and today over one and half billion people memorize and recite from the exact text, in the exact same language it was revealed in.And the Quran also claims that if it wasn't from Allah and was man-made there will be many contradictions.

Like the Bible, Quran also Claims that it is from Allah (God) & it seems that the verses are copied from the Bible itself, as the same Circular Logic that is applied in the Bible is applied in the Quran as well. When A Book is Supposedly from a Divine Spirit / the Almighty Allah substantial evidence is necessary to prove that claim, but all that is mentioned is Allah made / dictated the Quran & everything written in the Quran is True doesn't make the point that Allah made / dictated the Quran True, For everything that you claim you need to provide a substantial evidence to prove that claim.
These Sites (Islamic Sites) proceed to claim that "No one sees or hears Allah, nor are we able to use our senses to make some kind of contact with Him. However, we are encouraged in Islam to use our senses and our common sense to recognize this entire universe could not possibly come into existence on its own."

Each of the statement contradicts one another... If no one can see or hear Allah that we cannot use our senses (remember we only have 5) to connect to him.

"Something had to design it all and then put it into motion. This is beyond our ability to do, yet it is something we can understand."

This is were religion come into play. Religion be it any, takes advantage of the unknown & says God did it! If you don't know the answer to something God Did it! This is were science comes into play, if our scientists were like the religious people, we wouldn't have discovered anything & still live in the houses made from cow dung. A lot has been discovered since then and science is the only thing that is proving each of Religions wrong. How did we come into existence? if we believe in Quran /Bible we are decedents of Adam & Eve the first human that God supposedly made. but it has been proven & observed we descended from Apes / chimpanzee; specifically two chimpanzee species: Common Chimpanzee and Bonobo
So How can the All-Knowing, All-Wise, All-Good Almighty Get the Basics Wrong? He knew what we'd discover, right? He knew the future of everyone & everything. So how can he get things wrong?

"We know from the teachings of Muhammad the proofs for the existence of God (Allah) is most obvious to us in our everyday surroundings."

In fact Muhammad was nothing but a fast talker, Whenever he was asked by his followers & audience to prove that he is a messenger of Allah all he did was recite something from the Quran.

I am a understanding person, I understand Emotions, I understand Hatred, I understand Happiness, I understand Love, But I don’t understand the existence of God because there is no evidences to prove that this is right. And you cannot call Quran the evidence, because a book that says that its true doesn't mean that its true but it has to show the facts and the evidence that it is.

When I asked one of the Islamist sites to prove god exists he replied:
"Proving" God exists is really not our purpose. We are only interested in providing clear statements based on facts and logic and then allow the individual decide for themselves who they would like to believe. There have always been people who believed in the existence of God and there have always been those who have denied in His existence. We must realize there are those who will never believe no matter how much proof or evidence we produce."

I think you cannot blindly trust a person because he said he had a revelation from Allah & that He (Allah) told him to write a book that says in more than one occasion that whatever is written in it is true.
I am always open to Allah & if He or anyone else at any point in time does prove the existence of Allah I am completely willing to switch back to Islam. Until then My Default Position is Disbelief.

He then replied
"The reason is some people don't want to believe in a Creator or Sustainer. They would not like to consider one day they will have to answer for their actions and for their refusal to acknowledge their Benefactor to whom they owe their very existence."

To which I replied
The reason I don’t believe in a Creator or "Sustainer" is because there are no facts & proved points which say that there has to be a Supernatural being that exists. I don’t consider that I have to face the actions of what I do to in some fairytale afterlife, I believe I will face the consequence of my actions this life & that there is no afterlife, You die & your dead there is nothing before life & nothing after life.

I asked him Where did God come from?

His first response was this"
"Prophet Muhammad explained the devil would come to a person and ask them questions about creation; "Who created this or that?" to which the reply would be; "Allah" until he would ask; "Who created Allah?" At this stage the prophet advised us to drop this train of thought. Obviously, God - the real God, must be eternal and not have to be created."

"Both the Bible and the Quran tell us God has always existed and there never was a time He did not exit. As such, He is the Eternal, without beginning and without end. He is the only creator and sustainer of all that exists and nothing and no one exists alongside Him, nor does He have any partners. He tells us, He is not created, nor is He like His creation in anyway."

"Take the following example into consideration, Lets say that, in a room there is an infinite amount of Apples, so out of this if we take out 2 apples how many are remaining? infinite right? but Logically its Infinity - 2 & that means its less than infinity, so we should be able to count the number of Apples, But we can't as it just exists in mathematical realm & not in reality.

Now say we have 100 Apples in the room & every possible moment i add 1 more apple, will you now be able to count? Yes, 101, 102..... 110..& so on, will I reach a number that I can describe as infinite? No. because at every possible moment i can always add another apple.

So in this sense, what the famous mathematician David Hilbert said that "Infinite is no where to be found in reality it neither exists in nature nor provides a legitimate bases for rational thoughts. The role that remains in the infinity at play is solely that of an idea." But Past Events are real & not just Ideas, so the number of past events cannot be infinite & therefore there was a beginning for the universe & therefore a Cause for the Universe"
- REMEMBER this point.

Now here is my thought on this, Nothing can come from nothing & by this I literally mean nothing, Can You bring an elephant out of thin Air? No, this applies to everything there cannot be any exception.

Hence there cannot be an infinite regress and that there has to be a cause for something or that something doesn't exists. And Yet Allah says He is the uncaused Cause which is totally a fallacy. it is just as reasonable to believe that the universe is uncaused rather than believing that the God is un-caused.
I am not a Cosmologist, but there are many cosmologist who say that there was no time and space before the universe,and that nothing was before that. So why would you want to call that nothing God?
Its an interesting trick, that there has to something before everything but there is nothing before God. Well what caused God? Did he exist in Infinity? But The Above point says that there is no such thing as infinity & just an Idea.

So How can God exists?
RE: Is there Evidence that Allah Exists?
(May 21, 2013 at 8:28 am)exmuslim Wrote: So How can God exists?
No offense against you, but: Oh man, not another discussion about whether God, Allah or (my favourite because really mean) C'thulu exists... Full of deepities like "uncaused cause" and annoying empty phrases like that.

If we had used all the thinking power and CPU cycles wasted on this boring, BORING question I suspect we could cure AIDS by now.

And hence, let the flame war begin.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
Quote:If you look at the Prophets & messengers till Jesus

All of whom were just as phony as mohammed.
(May 21, 2013 at 10:46 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:If you look at the Prophets & messengers till Jesus

All of whom were just as phony as mohammed.

True.
God does exist. Browse youtube for videos like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llIv20mScP8
- Tell me what do you think? Does it seem superficial that this procedure, for giving animal birth, including its ability to walk while being equipped with nature's premises; does this seem redundant or 'accident' at all? Should not there be an existence of a creator that exceeds us in knowledge? It seems quiet evident that 'everything fits perfect' is left to God. Good luck and believe. God loves it when he sees you strive and struggle in his faith, do you know why? Because he knows the future, that is, your eternal reward in heavens between groves of grapes and phoenix dactylifera trees; get what ever you desire, what else can you ask for?
No, there isn't.
God is man made and a figment of the human imagination.

If god is all knowing and knows the future, and the future is already set in stone, then why believe? You cant do anything to change it.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
@NoraBrimstone < come on that's all you have to say to that?

@Mohammed < I would never consider any birth human / animal kind to be a proof of existence of a god. Do you know why you go to Namaaz, Fast during Ramadan & sacrifice a goat among other things, because it has been passed to you & your father from generations, the same you are going to teach your child about these things, and they would to theirs. This has nothing to do with proof of existence of a god, its just inheritance of knowledge passed down from older generations.

Similarly coming to the Elephant / any other animals, the same method have been passed on to them. Elephants never forgets remember? they know what their parents did to her to bring her to life how she helped the baby elephant stand on its feet, it the same thing the baby elephant would do when she (if its a female) gives birth.

These "techniques" haven't been thought to anyone by a God these are just things you learn after making mistakes e.g. never touch a hot plate
(May 21, 2013 at 8:28 am)exmuslim Wrote: ... Hence there cannot be an infinite regress and that there has to be a cause for something or that something doesn't exists.

It's perfectly possible to have an infinite regress, there is nothing in known laws of physics which forbids it, if our logic cannot find it's way around it that does not mean it's impossible.

Our common sense and puny logic fail in quantum physics, for example, but all obsevations tells us it's true Big Grin
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
(May 29, 2013 at 8:45 am)Mohammed Wrote: God loves it when he sees you strive and struggle in his faith, do you know why? Because he knows the future, that is, your eternal reward in heavens between groves of grapes and phoenix dactylifera trees; get what ever you desire, what else can you ask for?

A demonstration. Instead of working like a snake oil salesman promising an undemonstrated benefit for immediate payment, God should run his business like a time share. Give me a ticket to an amusement park in exchange for a day of my time where God shows me around paradise. After the tour, and if I'm interested, we can discuss requirements of entry.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 7 282 March 30, 2024 at 9:26 am
Last Post: viocjit
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1770 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? ReptilianPeon 246 30954 March 23, 2022 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 15712 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Has Anyone Come Across Any Evidence of Pre-Muhmamamd Mass Graves of Female Babies? ReptilianPeon 10 1455 February 7, 2019 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12783 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3264 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5405 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 581 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  RAMADAN: wonder how many girl MUTILATIONS were done in the name of Allah? 21stCenturyIconoclast! 13 5120 June 27, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: vorlon13