Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happily trapped in a glass box.
Happily trapped in a glass box.
"Jesus is irresistible. How can we turn down the One who satiated sin's appetite for destruction by hanging naked on a cross, and rising from the grave therefore canceling sin's hungry rage? I never want to complicate my faith into a realm that exceeds the simplicity of Jesus Christ and Him crucified. No self help book's carefully phrased articulations will ever be able to outshine the light His truth shines into my soul..."

This was a person's post on my FB newsfeed. I just have to ask... is everyone so deluded and comfortable in the glass box of Christianity that absolutely no evidence contrary to your worldview will be even remotely considered? Is the reason literally because anything contrary "exceeds the simplicity of Jesus Christ"? Is questioning your thoughts, feelings, and actions so horrible of a predicament that unless you have a book telling you exactly how to think, feel, and act you can't function properly?
I used to pray... but then I realized I could talk to myself and save 10% too. Who wouldn't go for that?ROFLOL
RE: Happily trapped in a glass box.
Why do you assume there is NO evidence of God?

Is it because God has not provided evidence to you, that you feel there is no God? If so that begs the question, who are you that God personally provide you with anything?
Because there is no evidence of god except your own delusions, Drippy.
One thing I found very odd about Christianity is that it is based on the torture of a human being for the sake of other human beings... it revels in the nasty details of murdering a person and emphasizes him being deserted by his friends and executed for no apparent reason. There is something that is just plain sadistic about it all. Elijah just hopped on a chariot and went up to heaven. Sounds a lot more friendly to me.
(May 22, 2013 at 11:52 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: Jesus is irresistible...

No, Jesus is the myth supported by the fairy tale, SEX is actually irresistible Tongue

No, not all of them are fully trapped, in reality lots of them question their belief quite often, because, no matter what, you cannot suppress logic completely, no matter how much you try ...

Problem is that majority of people are desperately trying to fit in, belong to some kind of movement, or care too much what others think of them Smile

Or they are terrified of dying ...

There are closet agnostics and infidels everywhere Wink
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
If you believe in God then you can believe in anything.
(May 23, 2013 at 12:16 am)Drich Wrote: Why do you assume there is NO evidence of God?

Well, we've got to weigh the evidence for god (that you really, really want him to exist, being the single article) against the evidence contradicting that (every major social, scientific and anthropological discovery made since the dawn of human history) in order to come to our conclusion.

Sorry, but you've got the wrong one.

Quote:Is it because God has not provided evidence to you, that you feel there is no God? If so that begs the question, who are you that God personally provide you with anything?

Your attitude begs several more: doesn't your god want us to believe in him? Doesn't he supposedly have an important message for mankind? Why doesn't he want us to know he's there, if he cares about us?

And who am I to want evidence from god? Who else could there possibly be? Actually think about it before you get all condescendingly humble, dripster: if there is no god, then there's no higher being somehow more deserving of that evidence, nor is there any sense in which a human being wouldn't be deserving of evidence for things that are true. And if there is a god, then we're still made in his image, and the only sentient, sapient creatures extant that'd benefit from that evidence... who am I to expect evidence for my beliefs? I'm a human fucking being, and apparently far more rational than your god and any of his followers, if you're going to take that route.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Fifthelement wrote:
Quote:No, Jesus is the myth supported by the fairy tale, SEX is actually irresistible

Hey! We speak the same language. Now, is sexish your first or second language? Angel Cloud

I have tried to talk some sense into my sister and her husband. They won't see because they are not emotionally ready for it. They know their world will collapse. They don't have the energy. They know nothing makes sense anymore, but hey, I'm just being used by the devil to confuse them, right? It makes sense because the devil can do that... dress up as anything he likes, even sense. They KNOW the truth, but don't WANT it. They convince themselves that they don't believe it because they are afraid of what comes next.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(May 22, 2013 at 11:52 pm)That guy who asked questions Wrote: Is questioning your thoughts, feelings, and actions so horrible of a predicament that unless you have a book telling you exactly how to think, feel, and act you can't function properly?

To be fair, I think it's uncomfortable for any human being to constantly scrutinize your thoughts, feelings and perceived knowledge. But to actively seek the path that leads to ignorance and frankly stupid stubbornness is just beyond me. Unfortunately, still in this day there are people who hang on to the Matrix so tight, because to them the greatest virtue is to be static, not having to think or be faced with an uncomfortable thought in their whole life.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I have wondered this for years. i have felt a deep symapthy and pity for the religious that avoid at all cost thinking for themselves to the point they won't even discuss their religions questionable doctrines and dogma from what seems like a out of sight out of mind ordeal. They seem value their lip service to keep the appeal to the masses in effect much more. though I can understand because leaving your communities religion is a bit like social suicide. Though I find it comes at a price of cowardly convictions. I think the more it is called out for its lack of evidence, immoral teachings, and ludacris doctrines we will find the generations leaving it behind. One day maybe our future generations will be able to move on from these stone age myths indocternated(don't think i spelled that right) to them from their parents. A break in the cycle if you will.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state. Ziploc Surprise 14 5460 September 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Gay, Mormon, and Happily Married Erinome 14 5793 July 21, 2012 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Zen Badger