Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state.
Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state.
Ugh! This crap is happening not far from where I live. Cheerleaders from Kountze High School in South Texas have put Bible verses on their signs that support their team. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25...11295.html

At first I kind of ignored this crap. I only made a few passing comments on my Facebook page when someone would post this crap. Apparently now it's become a movement. http://www.facebook.com/WideAwakeUSA

If this catches on I'm sure the very religious football program at my son's high school will start this bullshit. Now more than ever have I wanted the Wiccans and the Muslims and to stand up for their religions with similar "innocent" little signs. I would love to see those religious Christian bastards with their panties in a wad about that crap. Where are the Wiccans when you need them anyhow?
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state.
I bet jesus was a shitty high school athlete.
RE: Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state.
(September 25, 2012 at 11:08 am)Ziploc Surprise Wrote: Ugh! This crap is happening not far from where I live. Cheerleaders from Kountze High School in South Texas have put Bible verses on their signs that support their team. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/25...11295.html

At first I kind of ignored this crap. I only made a few passing comments on my Facebook page when someone would post this crap. Apparently now it's become a movement. http://www.facebook.com/WideAwakeUSA

If this catches on I'm sure the very religious football program at my son's high school will start this bullshit. Now more than ever have I wanted the Wiccans and the Muslims and to stand up for their religions with similar "innocent" little signs. I would love to see those religious Christian bastards with their panties in a wad about that crap. Where are the Wiccans when you need them anyhow?

Good for those cheerleaders, I give them my support 100%, keep up the good work ladies and pass it to others. The wiccans hide in the dark when the light of Christ shines.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Quote:Good for those cheerleaders, I give them my support 100%

I'm sure they have the support of shitheads, everywhere.
The possibility that this bullshit may be coming to my son's high school really bother's me. Why don't these morons know that they are trying to break down the very thing that protects religion in this country? separation between church and state protects each from each other.

When I was a Christian and in high school I understood the importance between the separation between church and state. Back then the fight was over mandatory prayer in schools. It was frustrating that the morons in my religion didn't listen to me. Now I don't have to bear the shame of having to be associated with them.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

I...guess I can see why it's happening. I mean. It's just a declaration of...wait, no, this is a public school, and the cheerleading program is paid for by public US taxpayer dollars so this is advertising faith with taxpayer money.

Yeah, what fucking judge ruled this constitutional?

And GC you've officially snapped, haven't you. "The wiccans hide in the dark when the light of christ shines through?" What kind of fanatical bullshit statement is THAT? You're freaking me out. You've always been way too fundamental but now you're starting to get borderline needing-a-straitjacket on us.

Well, if the kids initiate it, it's legal. But that's not really what's happening.

Wikipedia Wrote:The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a non-profit interdenominational Christian organization founded in 1954 and that has been based in Kansas City, Missouri since 1956. It falls within the tradition of Muscular Christianity. Although established by evangelical Protestants, the concept has spread to where chapters have been opened in several Catholic schools. Members are encouraged, but not required, to be athletes.

A religious organization, FCA uses the influence of coaches and athletes as a means of Christian evangelism. The group operates chapters based in schools, and operates camps, workshops and conferences. FCA currently has about 600 paid employees.

Our schools in America — particularly grade schools — have become the latest avenue of opportunism for evangelicals (where they refer to the masses of unsaved as "harvest fields," a phrase the I couldn't help linking to the machines in The Matrix growing and harvesting humans for use as human energy generators, only in this case they are harvesting souls).

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 27, 2012 at 1:29 am)apophenia Wrote:

Well, if the kids initiate it, it's legal. But that's not really what's happening.

Wikipedia Wrote:The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is a non-profit interdenominational Christian organization founded in 1954 and that has been based in Kansas City, Missouri since 1956. It falls within the tradition of Muscular Christianity. Although established by evangelical Protestants, the concept has spread to where chapters have been opened in several Catholic schools. Members are encouraged, but not required, to be athletes.

A religious organization, FCA uses the influence of coaches and athletes as a means of Christian evangelism. The group operates chapters based in schools, and operates camps, workshops and conferences. FCA currently has about 600 paid employees.

Our schools in America — particularly grade schools — have become the latest avenue of opportunism for evangelicals (where they refer to the masses of unsaved as "harvest fields," a phrase the I couldn't help linking to the machines in The Matrix growing and harvesting humans for use as human energy generators, only in this case they are harvesting souls).

An interesting analogy there.Thinking

(September 27, 2012 at 12:43 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: I...guess I can see why it's happening. I mean. It's just a declaration of...wait, no, this is a public school, and the cheerleading program is paid for by public US taxpayer dollars so this is advertising faith with taxpayer money.
Religious freedom has nothing to do with taxpayer money. It has everything to do with imposing beliefs on other people. Once the money is passed to the students, they are given the right to do whatever they like, as long as it relates to cheerleading. If they thought a saying by Confucius would have inspired their players to play better, they could have put that up too. When our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution, they had in mind that 1) no political leader should rule over the church; 2) no church authority should rule over the state; and 3) no single national religion should be established. In no way did they suggest we have freedom from religion.
(September 26, 2012 at 1:13 am)Godschild Wrote: Good for those cheerleaders, I give them my support 100%, keep up the good work ladies and pass it to others. The wiccans hide in the dark when the light of Christ shines.

Wicca is just as dumb and fake as christianity. See, it didn't catch on as big and fast, because the christians didn't get murdered by the thousands for not being christians. Religions have a way of becoming pretty fucking popular when the alternative is a painful death. Just sayin'.

And of course you give them support. Never mind they're defying the words of your alleged savior, and acting in a terribly un-christlike way. Fuck humility! Jesus practically had pom poms in his hand when he was crucified, right? Let's all put on mini-skirts, and shake our tits for jesus? Who's in?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1218 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  [Not] Breaking news; Catholic church still hateful Nay_Sayer 18 1421 March 17, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5389 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christianity down, secularism up! Jehanne 37 3102 May 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4554 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3602 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 987 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Here's Why The US is Going Right Down The Shitter Minimalist 18 5055 August 2, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13635 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4150 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13