Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there - My name is Max
Hello there - My name is Max
First post. Atheist, English, Jewish, living in Greece, married to a Greek girl (well after 29 years together girl is a stretch really), one daughter age 11.

In the process of writing a book on atheism and religion - its not going very well - got some ideas- not sure they are original.

Hoping to make a contribution here and there. Maybe even share the odd chapter.

Max
RE: Hello there - My name is Max
Hello Max. I hope your daughter becomes a fiery temptress when she's older, and that she lives to be twice your age in happiness.

You'll enjoy yourself if your'e looking for (original) ideas Smile Or maybe you won't... welcome.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hey, Max. Out of curiosity, if your book about Judaism and atheism or religion in general?
Hi Max!
Hello Max! Hope you manage to finish the book Big Grin
Hello, Max.
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(June 5, 2013 at 2:51 am)Dena Wrote: Hey, Max. Out of curiosity, if your book about Judaism and atheism or religion in general?

Thank you all for the welcome- very quick off the mark round here I see.

As for the book to cut a very long story short I took part in a forum many years ago where I came into contact with some very fundamentalist Christians and we had some fascinating discussions. It quickly became apparent that without a working knowledge of Christianity (the Gospel mainly) I was ill-equipped to deal with some of their points, so I read it (mainly Mark's gospel).

The message I took from Mark was somewhat different from the message either I expected or Christians had led me to believe.

The book is inspired by that in the main.

Thanks for asking.
Welcome, and all the best for your book, cant' wait to Read
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1155 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2375 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2431 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2027 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1008 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 808 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5011 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 834 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12038 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2239 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie