Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My name is Earl
My name is Earl
Hi,

All people believe. 

Some believe that God exist, some believe that God does not exist. 

Both can not be proven.

= = = 

May some thoughts about language be placed here?
RE: My name is Earl
Violets are blue
Roses are red
What I have just read?
Welcome Woof.

'My name is Earl' is one of my favorite sitcoms.

You need to evaluate the rationale/evidence of the belief, then pick.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 16, 2023 at 10:23 am)Carl Hickey Wrote: Hi,

All people believe. 

Both can not be proven.

= = = 

Welcome Carl. I hope you like it here and enjoy our discussions. Great
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(May 16, 2023 at 10:23 am)Carl Hickey Wrote: Hi,

All people believe. 

Both can not be proven.

= = = 

Thanks for making an introduction thread. We shouldn't get too heavy into things here, maybe start a thread on belief?

For what it's worth, those are not the only options. I don't believe God is real; in fact every version of God I've heard of sounds either impossible or highy improbable, except for the God of deism, which just seems unnecessary. But I also don't believe there that no version of God actually exists.

I don't believe you have exactly 1.47 in your left front pants pocket. But I also don't believe that you don't have exactly 1.47 in your left front pants pocket. You absolutely could. I have no way of knowing for sure until I examine the contents of your pocket. But the odds are that you don't have that exact amount of money in that particular location.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Am I having a stroke?

No but seriously, welcome. If English isn't your primary language you may find it hard to carry a conversation here.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

All people are angles.

Some think they really have a cute thing going on, but most are just obtuse.
Hello. Smile
Welcome, Carl. I look forward to discussing God's existence/non-existence with you, but you'll have to start a new thread.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Hello, Earl or Carl.

Some believe that Nessie exist, some believe that Nessie does not exist.

Both can not be proven.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2044 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 816 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5051 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7164 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  My name is Pizza Smeetcha Pizza_Smeetcha 10 2581 October 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3288 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6005 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I can't think of a good name for this thread, so... Darkstar 18 4502 September 20, 2012 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Waratah
  New to Forum - Hello! My Name is Tino Tino 20 4672 September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: JohnDG
  The meaning of my name AthiestAtheist 15 3240 January 15, 2012 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: 8BitAtheist