Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe that my mother is crazy
I believe that my mother is crazy
I don't know if I'm in the good section. If this is not the good section I'm sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today June/09/2013 she learned that her mother is dead and she yelled. I tried to explain to her that grand-mother is probably in a good place if god exist. Also I tried to explain to my mother that God probably not exist and she said to me that she prefer believe in God.

What is this fucking answer ? she explain to me that she prefer believe in God. There are some days ago I spoke to her about contradictions in the Bible etc...
and she said to me that the non existence of the creator is possible.

Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).
RE: I believe that my mother is crazy
(June 9, 2013 at 5:52 am)viocjit Wrote: Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).

I'm in two minds about this.
The death of "grandma" is certainly natural and something to be accepted but not to care is an unusual stance.
You could also just be in denial and it might hit you later.
Grief can be like that.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Take it as a reminder that everyones life ends and that we have to live it to its fullest before our own is over. That will both honor your gramma's memory and will improve your life. Win-win.

No need for false hopes.

And burn a bible today. Smile
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 9, 2013 at 6:08 am)littleendian Wrote: Take it as a reminder that everyones life ends and that we have to live it to its fullest before our own is over. That will both honor your gramma's memory and will improve your life. Win-win.

No need for false hopes.

And burn a bible today. Smile

I'm not sure about the existence of God. If I became Atheist a day I will refuse to burn this book (the word library is more correct) because this book is a part of my culture.
(June 9, 2013 at 6:39 am)viocjit Wrote: I will refuse to burn this book because this book is a part of my culture.

It is not as though it is the only copy in the world.

(June 9, 2013 at 5:52 am)viocjit Wrote: (I'm normal ?)

There is no such thing.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 9, 2013 at 5:52 am)viocjit Wrote: I don't know if I'm in the good section. If this is not the good section I'm sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today June/09/2013 she learned that her mother is dead and she yelled. I tried to explain to her that grand-mother is probably in a good place if god exist. Also I tried to explain to my mother that God probably not exist and she said to me that she prefer believe in God.

What is this fucking answer ? she explain to me that she prefer believe in God. There are some days ago I spoke to her about contradictions in the Bible etc...
and she said to me that the non existence of the creator is possible.

Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).

... What is wrong with you? I can barely read that, and what I can read seems pretty fucked up Smile

#hadtobesaid
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Finally it was a stupid joke of my mother (I learned that there are some minutes).
Why tell this kind of thing ?
(June 9, 2013 at 10:19 am)viocjit Wrote: (I learned that there are some minutes)

Actually, seconds.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...
Your mom just lost her mother. Talking to her now about the existence of god, might not being the right time. The idea of her mother in heaven can be comforting to believers. That doesn't make her crazy, it means she is grieving.
(June 9, 2013 at 5:52 am)viocjit Wrote: Also grandma is dead and I don't care about it , I accept this fact because this is natural (I'm normal ?).

depends....if your granny was an asshole than yeah... you shouldn't care

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Sai Baba deserve Nobel more than Mother Teresa? Fake Messiah 1 367 February 26, 2020 at 4:33 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1318 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Religion: Just Plain Crazy Minimalist 10 2318 September 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7905 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Maybe I'm being crazy... BrokenQuill92 18 1957 November 21, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Question Why disbelievers believe? They believe in so called “God of the gaps”. theBorg 49 8510 August 27, 2016 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  The type of religious stuff my mother posts on FB. Foxaèr 3 1131 May 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy GUBU 5 1695 April 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Reflections on Mother Teresa TrueChristian 27 4582 February 25, 2016 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Gay teen forced to sex his mother Foxaèr 56 17473 June 9, 2015 at 10:21 am
Last Post: comet