Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy
Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy
A controversy erupted the other day on RTE Radio 1's Liveline (presented by Joe Duffy) about an article in a catholic "newspaper" called Alive!, where the unattributed author stated that a study showed that smacked children performed better in life than those who weren't physically abused as children (with a somewhat borked link to the radio phone in show, proper link here, scroll to 11th April). Here's a debunking of the story by a reputable news source thejournal.ie, with a link to the pdf of the Alive! issue including the original article. Now the craziest thing isn't actually the endorsement of physical violence against children, but that the article is probably one of the saner ones available in the edition.

Now this scandal rag is available in virtually every church in the country (as it is backed by the Irish Conference of Bishops, it's very hard not to supply it even if the parish priest is a sane one) and people in towns and cities across the country get it shoved in their letter boxes, even after writing directly to the editor to say they don't want it. So you can see christian nutjobbery is alive and kicking in Ireland 2016 (don't get me started on the Hitler Jugend Defence!)
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy
And I bet there are "catholick" newspapers that claim that buttfucked altar boys have an easier time shitting than non-buttfucked altar boys.
It gives them a sense of purpose.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 13, 2016 at 11:52 am)Minimalist Wrote: And I bet there are "catholick" newspapers that claim that buttfucked altar boys have an easier time shitting than non-buttfucked altar boys.

Even though I was never an alter boy, I could weigh in on that . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

[Image: dad-bowling-strike.gif]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 13, 2016 at 1:15 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(April 13, 2016 at 11:52 am)Minimalist Wrote: And I bet there are "catholick" newspapers that claim that buttfucked altar boys have an easier time shitting than non-buttfucked altar boys.

Even though I was never an alter boy, I could weigh in on that . . . .

Yeah........... no.  Not going there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24785 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8338 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1308 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Religion: Just Plain Crazy Minimalist 10 2316 September 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7865 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Don't you just love the hypocrisy of religion. ignoramus 86 22224 July 16, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Maybe I'm being crazy... BrokenQuill92 18 1939 November 21, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Someone, Show me Evidence of God. ScienceAf 85 11520 September 12, 2016 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Daily Show....and Poor Discriminated Against Xtians.... Minimalist 14 4084 July 30, 2015 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Reza Aslan on The Daily Show Saxmoof 5 1480 May 16, 2015 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue