Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why would God get involved in the middle east?
Why would God get involved in the middle east?
Following the story of the Bible, why would God have no involvement in the world, then all of a sudden participate in life in...the desert? With a populous that was uneducated? Wouldn't it make more sense, if God were to reveal himself to anybody, that he would show himself to the people that were educated in the world at this time? The Chinese? The Mayans?

Why would he involve himself with these people? After nearly a hundred thousand years of not doing anything (assuming we're taking the Bible metaphorically) and then suddenly in the last two thousand years, interacting with the people of the middle east, sending Jesus to them? Why? Why them?

Obvious answer: because they wrote the Bible. But I'd like a Christian point-of-view. Why were they chosen?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: Why would God get involved in the middle east?
My cat uses a litter box, why shouldn't God?
ROFLOL
Because the Joos?
As I Joo I have to confess that God probably went all round the world trying to punt his bloody commandments and it was only Abram who took them once he found out they were free. He was so excited he changed his name and then tried to sacrifice his son. When that failed he just cut the end of his dick off.

Dem Joos really know how to party - that's what I say.
Quote:When that failed he just cut the end of his dick off.

Seems like a piss-poor trade.
Why didn't the Jews kick this god to the curb when he started demanding their foreskin?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 9, 2013 at 3:43 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Why didn't the Jews kick this god to the curb when he started demanding their foreskin?

Everybody needs a good pair of socks.
(June 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Following the story of the Bible, why would God have no involvement in the world, then all of a sudden participate in life in...the desert? With a populous that was uneducated? Wouldn't it make more sense, if God were to reveal himself to anybody, that he would show himself to the people that were educated in the world at this time? The Chinese? The Mayans?
How do you know He did not contact them, and they just thought themselves too smart to need God?

Quote:Why would he involve himself with these people? After nearly a hundred thousand years of not doing anything (assuming we're taking the Bible metaphorically) and then suddenly in the last two thousand years, interacting with the people of the middle east, sending Jesus to them? Why? Why them?
Because God's qualifiers are not the same as ours. The Jews or rather Abraham received Him and did what he was told, thus qualifying him to receive God's blessing.

Quote:Obvious answer: because they wrote the Bible. Why were they chosen?
Again, because Abraham was obedient, and God like him over everyone else at the time.
fucking work

(June 10, 2013 at 2:08 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 9, 2013 at 1:00 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Following the story of the Bible, why would God have no involvement in the world, then all of a sudden participate in life in...the desert? With a populous that was uneducated? Wouldn't it make more sense, if God were to reveal himself to anybody, that he would show himself to the people that were educated in the world at this time? The Chinese? The Mayans?
How do you know He did not contact them, and they just thought themselves too smart to need God?

Your answer is a hypothetical question that not even a metaphorical interpretation of the Bible can prove?

I was looking for "since the Chinese and other civilizations were so educated, the story of God and Jesus probably wouldn't have fooled them as easily as the uneducated guys in the desert."
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1372 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9183 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29870 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12414 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why would this be so hard to have done? Astonished 25 8425 July 1, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21079 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Praise GOD !!!! A Jesus your Vorlon would worship !!!!!! vorlon13 7 1341 April 22, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I don't get God's logic at all ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1946 June 2, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Would You Worship? Shuffle 75 16502 August 22, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Middle School Teacher's Memorial SteelCurtain 45 9044 February 20, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho