Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An email I Received from Truthout.Org
An email I Received from Truthout.Org
I wish I could say they were wrong....but they aren't.

Quote:The Supreme Court stuck a dagger in the Voting Rights Act this morning. The GOP majority in the House spent last week passing draconian anti-choice legislation, and tried to pass legislation that would have thrown millions of the most vulnerable Americans out of the SNAP food stamps program. The only reason it failed, in the end, was because a pile of right-wing House reps decided the bill wasn't harsh enough.

The mainstream "news" media has deftly managed to turn the story of Edward Snowden's NSA revelations into the story of Edward Snowden, and never mind the astonishing volume of domestic surveillance that has all but erased the Fourth Amendment. President Obama has a number of ideas on how to protect the environment, none of which will amount to much of a damn if or when he approves the Keystone XL pipeline.

Oh, and in Texas, a Republican state representative named Jodie Laubenberg explained with stunning ignorance why an exemption for rape is not needed in the astonishingly brutal anti-choice bill her cohorts are trying to ram into law: "In the emergency room, they have what's called 'rape kits' where a woman can get cleaned out."

This is America, and it is dying by inches of stupidity and greed before our very eyes.
RE: An email I Received from Truthout.Org
Yup. It's all pretty disgusting. The rape kit comment... I mean... I just... I can't believe she said that. Do you think she really believed what she was saying? Or maybe she's just trying to get the ignorant people to support the ridiculous law they're trying to pass? She's either pig-ignorant or completely dishonest.

And ew. "Cleaned out"? Ew.
I sometimes wonder if politicians honestly mean the stupid things that slip out of their mouths. One of the reasons I try to avoid politics, and refuse to vote, is because Hollywood style drama seems to have become a necessity in politics.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote: Do you think she really believed what she was saying?

Absolutely.

They love 'em stupid in Texas.
This is just Republicans showing how much they care about women. I keep hoping that the more they do stuff like this the more it will continue to bite them in the ass.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:This is America, and it is dying by inches of stupidity and greed before our very eyes.

It's up to the Congress now to save the voting rights act.

Crap.

OK, it's up to the people now to save our democracy. ...assuming we'll still be able to vote next year.

Sweet Reason help us.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Athiestforum.org is a terrorist hole; accrding to new Saudi law. Human Rights Watch WinterHold 16 3214 November 24, 2017 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  New Clinton email controversy A Theist 394 56617 November 9, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Kosh
  Here's an email scandal to investigate! Minimalist 6 1429 June 28, 2016 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: abaris
  DOJ grants immunity to ex-Clinton staffer who set up email server Tiberius 5 791 March 3, 2016 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  One Million Dollar Bounty for IRS Email Recovery Mystical 4 941 June 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: Isun
  demandaplan.org Brian37 7 1719 January 9, 2013 at 2:25 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  UK: Email and web use 'to be monitored' under new laws. Tiberius 29 8412 April 7, 2012 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: fuckass365
  The strangest piece of mail I have ever received... Erinome 8 1403 November 18, 2011 at 11:35 am
Last Post: Erinome
  Climate sceptic Willie Soon received $1m from oil companies, papers show Autumnlicious 5 2830 July 1, 2011 at 5:45 am
Last Post: martin02