Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strangest piece of mail I have ever received...
The strangest piece of mail I have ever received...
It's from some phone company called Credo Mobile.

The envelope pictures Rick Perry, cartoon style, holding a gun in one hand and a sign in the other that says "GUT MEDICARE":

[Image: sssdd.jpg]

Then I opened it, and here is the header of the letter:

[Image: 2011-11-18_03-51-18_759.jpg]

Quote:Dear Fellow Progressive,

Do you want a phone company that supports Rick Perry? Or one that fights him?

Texas Governor Rick Perry holds some radical-- and dangerous-- views. He's open to Texas seceding from the United States. He believes Social Security is "a Ponzi scheme". He doesn't believe in global warming, but believes in teaching "intelligent design" to kids. He's anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage. And he opposes the federal income tax, which provides 45% of government revenue.

And yet AT&T contributed $462,739 to Perry since 2000! What's more, AT&T spent $18,349 to sponsor a lunch and distribute 700 copies of Fed Up!, Perry's book which contains some of his most extreme ideas, at a conservative summit last December. Is that how you want your phone company spending money?

At CREDO Mobile, we don't fund extremists like Rick Perry--we fight them. Make the switch to CREDO Mobile, America's only progressive phone company.

Through CREDO Action, our network of 2 million activists, we're pushing back against the radical right agenda every day of the year. We also give a percentage of our customers' phone charges--at no cost to you-- to progressive nonprofits. Since 1985, we've raised more than $67 milllion for groups such as the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Democracy Now and Rainforest Action Network.

Then it goes on to state the deal, which doesn't seem bad. Still, where did this come from? I have never gotten such a politically heated phone service advertisement! Have any of you?

I just find it really odd...

I have NEVER had AT&T before, btw.

RE: The strangest piece of mail I have ever received...
And I've never even heard of Credo mobile...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Me either, but I'd switch to them when my contract is up in December if they were down here & competitive.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
They claim to pay you to break your contract with competitors.

odd to say the least.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Eh, they're probably just a company with progressive owners who have decided to see if there's a niche for a phone company that's explicity progressive. Or it's just a cynical ad technique. Probably a mix. There's nothing pure anymore, I tell you!
How on earth do they know that about me?

Thinking

Quote:He believes Social Security is "a Ponzi scheme".

It is not fraudulent in its intent, but it is exactly like it, I don't see how that is so wrong to say.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I'm a fan of anything with the word "social" in it... well, mostly anything.

Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 803 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Signature verification and mail in ballots. Brian37 14 582 October 22, 2020 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Yeah, we Know. Pence Is A Piece of Shit, Too Minimalist 0 576 July 29, 2018 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3060 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Unless The Senate Blocks This Piece Of Shit Bill. Minimalist 18 8637 October 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Have you ever lived anywhere else besides where you live now? Whateverist 55 14683 July 4, 2017 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  This Piece of Orange Shit Belongs In Jail Minimalist 86 8580 October 6, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  An email I Received from Truthout.Org Minimalist 5 1175 June 26, 2013 at 10:10 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Climate sceptic Willie Soon received $1m from oil companies, papers show Autumnlicious 5 2831 July 1, 2011 at 5:45 am
Last Post: martin02