Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Favorite YouTube Unbelievers/Believers?
Your Favorite YouTube Unbelievers/Believers?
Yeah that's right, I made another thread... don't maul me. ;_;

I'd have to say my favorite YT users on the subject of God, philosophy, religion etc., would be the following (in no particular order):

-KnownNoMore: Guy has done in-depth and convincing videos against several theistic arguments, chiefly from the perspective of philosophy, including the Transcendental argument (as put forward by the likes of Eric Hovind and Sye Bruggencate), Plantinga's Ontological argument and the Fine-Tuning argument. Oh and I love his accent. xD Really a great follow.

-CounterApologist: Like KnownNoMore, he's done in-depth videos on the problems with theistic arguments and religious doctrines from both a scientific and philosophical perspective. His video series on the Kālam Cosmological argument is quite good, and he's currently working on a series about the Moral argument.

-SisyphusRedeemed: A professional philosopher who makes a variety of videos, ranging from video responses to both theists and atheists on various philosophical problems he sees in their content, to the life and history of some historical figures like Blaise Pascal and Archimedes. Another great follow.

-TheoreticalBullshit: Puts out videos with his views expressed clearly and convincingly. He tends to focus on ethics (he's a moral realist, and something like a consequentialist), but he's done some videos about the problems with various apologetics arguments. He even managed to get intoma little tussle with William Lane Craig when he presented his own "Kalam Cosmological argument against the existence of God". Can't go wrong with him, even if you find yourself disagreeing with him.

-QualiaSoup: What can I say, well put together animated videos on a variety of topics. Presents his cases well and robustly. Oh, and he has a brother, TheraminTrees, who is pretty much the same with regards to why I like his content.

-CheekyVimto08: A university philosophy student who has some great videos on the problems with various apologetics arguments and problems with the entire enterprise of apologetics itself. His videos on the nonsensical positions apologists must take for certain arguments are my particular favorite. A recent find for me., and a good one at that. Smile

Well, I have a numerous others who I enjoy pretty much as much as the above users, but if I kept going I probably would've taken all the good users. xD

Who're your favorite YouTube users on those topics (God, philosophy, religion, etc.)?
RE: Your Favorite YouTube Unbelievers/Believers?
Thunderf00t!
This is a newcomer and I am merely posting him here so he might get some more suscribers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6fidq89Qvw

My favorite channels aren`t atheist channels by the way.
(July 16, 2013 at 11:44 pm)MindForgedManacle Wrote:

In no particular order:

AronRa
GreatBigBore
AtheistExperience
Coughlan616
Thunderf00t
potholer54
ChristopherHitchslap
TheAmazingAtheist
village1diot
MrsBettyBowers
theUKatheistOfficial
Matt Dillahunty
samharrisorg
DarkMatter2525
ZOMGitsCriss
philhellenes
DarkAntics
noelplum99
C0nc0rdance
C0ct0pusPrime
somegreybloke
TheThinkingAtheist
richarddawkinsorg

...just off the top of my head (I'm sure I've forgotten a few, I'll add later). There's so much great content on YT, I'm spoiled for choice.
Sum ergo sum
I don't watch any atheist YouTube channels in particular (in fact, I try to stay away from that jackhole Amazing Atheist), but I do enjoy watching any video that involves a Neil deGrasse Tyson lecture, whether it be about religion or not.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

potholer54
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it" - Robert A. Heinlein
Would you blame sports car for an accident instead of drunk driver?
Good guy Ronald Reagan

Coughlan and C0ct0pus are awesome, I also like Steve Shives. The Amazing Atheist is an overrated dick.

EDIT: I forgot, I fucking get a kick out of NapalmthePhoenix - I adore that stoner.
Quite a few that have already been mentioned are great.

TheoreticalBullShit (Scott Clifton) is especially good when it comes to philosophical arguments. His logic is impeccable, and his ability to explain complex issues in concise terms is top notch.

I love his shredding of the philosophical arguments for god.

He completely refuted Matt Slick's version of TAG, where Slick banned him from his site (CARM.org) on the pretense that he doesn't allow profanity, because of the word 'shit' in his YT name. Seriously Matt?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video thread for interesting philosophical discussions on YouTube and elsewhere GrandizerII 2 293 August 26, 2020 at 8:43 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Your favorite quotes. Lemonvariable72 42 7495 July 16, 2014 at 9:37 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  TheoreticalBullshit is back on YouTube MindForgedManacle 24 7888 October 23, 2013 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox