Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capitalism: The Foundation of Human Life and Morality
Capitalism: The Foundation of Human Life and Morality
If I asked you, what seperates human behaviour from the behaviour of animals what would you say?

Probably thinking, language, negotiation, something like that?

Well indeed, yes. Negotiation and language is the litmus paper test between human and non human. Unlike other primitive species, when we want something from another, we will usually negotiate, trade or convince someone to do it, non violently, non coercively. This saves both parties from injury, and also both parties win, rather than one killing or injuring the other and taking the other's food or whatever.

If I grow oranges, and you grow apples, by us trading, we now get to eat both oranges and apples, so we both benefit from the trade. Whereas if one were to forcefully take the other's produce, only one of us would benefit.

The only alternative to free market capitalism is coercion, stealing and aggression.

Of course, humans can be our predators. Not everyone wants to peacefully trade and negotiate.

[Image: Communist%20Execution%20China.jpg]

These primitive people are incapable of trade and negotiation and will threat, extort, steal your resources. They are devoid of empathy, most of them are in what are called governments- were groups of people are not bound by the laws of the non aggression principle that we follow.

It's no secret the most violent, corrupt and repugnant of people are against free trade. These people are your predators, these people are those who will take your resources and put you in a cage if you disagree with what they think, and they will say you are a bad person if you do not like it. To support governments is to spit on yourself and wipe the boots of your oppressor. Free market capitalism is freedom, and inevitably, it will prevail.
The only freedom, is freedom from illusion.
RE: Capitalism: The Foundation of Human Life and Morality
[Image: eix4m.jpg?1318992465]
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:If I asked you, what seperates human behaviour from the behaviour of animals what would you say?

The willingness to stab each other in the back over bullshit. Which brings us back to "capitalism."
From your posts that I've read, you strike me as very preachy yet short of any practical alternative to government. Your brand of capitalism would concentrate wealth and power to an even greater degree than what we have now. If it ever comes to pass, expect the rich to be violently overthrown. Capitalism is nothing more than a necessary evil, its not an end in and of itself.
[Image: 4234705937_37d34b7590-1.jpg]
(July 26, 2013 at 6:47 pm)Koolay Wrote: These primitive people are incapable of trade and negotiation and will threat, extort, steal your resources.

How do you propose these individuals be dealt with in an anarchist society?
How else? "War." That most human of endeavors.
Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
I don't know. I think Americans are a lot stupider than say, Egyptians. Or at least we are more easily distracted. Wave a flag and chant "we're #1" and Americans quickly forget the red, white, and blue dildo that's being shoved up their asses.

[img][Image: libertarian_freedom.png][/img]
(July 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: How else? "War." That most human of endeavors.

Cato now busies hiimself putting warning signs around the crime scene. The signs read: "Shhhhh, Socratic method in progress, Mystery Science Theater 3000 tactics will fuck it up!!!!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beauty, Morality, God, and a Table FrustratedFool 23 1884 October 8, 2023 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Information I hate human race,civilization and people in groups. MountainsWinAgain 48 14293 March 25, 2020 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Macoleco
  Is Moral Nihilism a Morality? vulcanlogician 140 10351 July 17, 2019 at 11:50 am
Last Post: DLJ
  Machine Intelligence and Human Ethics BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1862 May 28, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Subjective Morality? mfigurski80 450 37519 January 13, 2019 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Acrobat
  Feral Children and the initial human state WinterHold 1 898 December 10, 2018 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Maketakunai
  Law versus morality robvalue 16 1343 September 2, 2018 at 7:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8312 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  dynamic morality vs static morality or universal morality Mystic 18 3561 May 3, 2018 at 10:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4445 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger