Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 5:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Have We Come To
What Have We Come To
when we have to promise Russia not to kill someone?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/world/...=5043&_r=0

Quote: Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said in a letter sent to the Russian minister of justice this week that the United States would not seek the death penalty against Edward J. Snowden, and would issue him a passport immediately so he could travel back to the United States.

Of course this part of the letter:

Quote:The letter also offered reassurances that the United States would not torture Mr. Snowden,

is total bullshit. Just ask Bradley Manning.
RE: What Have We Come To
Oh, the letter offered "reassurances?" I'm sure that makes Snowden feel so much better.

I'm actually starting to seriously fear the totalitarian direction this country is headed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I still wouldn't trust them, even with their worthless "reassurances".
(July 27, 2013 at 11:54 am)NoraBrimstone Wrote: I still wouldn't trust them, even with their worthless "reassurances".

Your assurances leave me cold Sindri.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Oh yeah, the US isn't going to do anything sketchy - the government just wants to talk with him.

Seems legit.
Oh I can see why Putin and the Russian government would be so concerned. I mean after all, Russia has such a long history of advocating for human rights issues.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
Hmph. For once in your fucking life irony is not lost on you.
http://rackjite.com/new-rules-with-bill-maher-snowden-and-the-nsa-july-26-2013/

Last night's "New Rules" from Bill Maher.

He gets to Snowden at the end.
I don't recall any public knowledge of executions for treason since 1953.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(July 27, 2013 at 9:53 pm)Polaris Wrote: I don't recall any public knowledge of executions for treason since 1953.
Maybe he's a double agent, who knows.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  With All the Anti-QAnon Hate, How Come We Never Hear About Christian Zionism? Seax 21 1882 April 6, 2021 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I Know This Won’t Come As A Shock BrianSoddingBoru4 13 830 February 15, 2021 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  looks like the orange man group making a come back.. Drich 190 11106 December 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Political caricature: come, post and share. WinterHold 73 4848 November 3, 2020 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I come to this hearing with the deepest sadness. onlinebiker 10 983 December 19, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2813 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 11873 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Here come the Russia Indictments FatAndFaithless 32 2703 February 17, 2018 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Republicunt Bullshit Artists Come Out In The Open Minimalist 16 2588 August 25, 2017 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It Took the Republicunts 8 Years To Come Up With This? Minimalist 84 9404 March 16, 2017 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist