Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Reason To Worship
No Reason To Worship
There is no reason to worship a God, any other higher being, animal, etc. What is the average Christian's reasoning for worshiping God? Is it because he created the universe, because he created you, because you don't want to go to hell , because you want to go to heaven or because you need help in life??? No one should be worshiped. What about the people in this world who support you and love you the most? What about the woman who gave birth to you and the man who impregnated her? Do you worship the woman who gave birth to you just because she gave birth to you? No... You appreciate her (in many cases) but you don't pray to her everyday. Are you worshiping because you don't want to go to hell? Be truthful, don't push that possibility to the recesses of your mind just because it might be true. Don't be stubborn. If that last reason is true, you worship because you're scared. Nah, God is loving, you have no reason to be scared of him. Do you? So, you worship because you want to get into heaven? So you want to use God to get into heaven? You're being nice to him and you're worshiping him as a way to "suck up"? Well, that's no way to treat the being that created you. Okay, you're worshiping because you need help in life? Well, instead of asking for help from something/someone else, you look inside yourself. No, none of the God's inside of you bullshit. If you're worshiping God for help and support, you'd be using God once again. He created EVERYTHING and you're going to suck up to him because you can't make it through a difficult situation without looking up to someone else??? How about you search inside yourselves for the answers. Stop using the God that you love so much for personal gain. The definition of self-centered in true form...
RE: No Reason To Worship
Christians don't worship out of fear. They worship because it is beneficial and uplifting. Much the same as football fans go to support their teams. Only this object of worship never disappoints. Seems like a very strong reason to worship to me.

The focus of an atheist is so often destructively negative. It's adherence results in failure in life in opposition to natural selection.
(September 28, 2009 at 4:01 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Christians don't worship out of fear. They worship because it is beneficial and uplifting. Much the same as football fans go to support their teams. Only this object of worship never disappoints. Seems like a very strong reason to worship to me.

The focus of an atheist is so often destructively negative. It's adherence results in failure in life in opposition to natural selection.

There are some negative comments that I made but I guess you overlooked the "look inside yourselves for the answers" part? Many of the comments were negative because worshiping God for benefits and an uplifting feeling seems like a one way street for God. What does he get from you? A bunch of prayers saying how appreciative you are? I guess an insecure God with low self-esteem would want that... And why is it uplifting? Because you know that someone out there is concerned about you and is listening to you? It makes more sense to me to talk to a loved one when I have concerns and I need someone to talk to. Someone who I'm 100% sure is there and who will answer me. At least will answer me directly. Or a psychiatrist if I'll ever need one. OR, I settle it within myself. I get the confidence from myself to overcome a difficult situation.
He gets us as he wants us. We get his as fulfilment of his promises*. In secular terms, this is living life to the full and at complete peace with the world. You would aspire to that too only you would call it something else.

Christians don't bypass human interaction and assistance. Sometimes a psychologist/ friend/ shoulder to lean on is necessary too.

* We can be 100% sure as we know about God from the bible.
He created us to begin with, fr0d0... and he knows everything about all of us... so why didn't he just make us for his end term goal with us, with all of the memories we would have had in life?

The only reason he would create us... is from emotional insecurity and insanity...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(September 28, 2009 at 4:01 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Christians don't worship out of fear. They worship because it is beneficial and uplifting. Much the same as football fans go to support their teams. Only this object of worship never disappoints. Seems like a very strong reason to worship to me.

God always dissapoints, as everything you pray for that you actually get, you get because of actions on your part. Praying for something may give you the confidence necacary to go make your prayers come true, but that is all.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

(September 28, 2009 at 4:34 am)Saerules Wrote: He created us to begin with, fr0d0... and he knows everything about all of us... so why didn't he just make us for his end term goal with us, with all of the memories we would have had in life?

The only reason he would create us... is from emotional insecurity and insanity...

Agreed.

He could just make perfect humans in heaven from the start!

Or just not made the talking snake... He created a snake he knew would be able to trick them (omniscience) into eating fruit from a tree he knew they would eat from, only to kick them out of paradise and spread evil to the world, let them breed for a few thousand years, flood the fuckers but make one build a huge boat first, get 2 of each animal in the world on a boat (even from ones they would have known nothing about) survive a world wide flood, populate after the flood which they would continue to do a fucking terrible job at for another 2000 years before he thought the only way out was to get a virgin pregnant so she would give birth to him in human form just to sacrifice himself to himself in order to make up for himself making the snake and creating evil, the introduction of sin, in the first place!

WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE TRY AND RATIONALIZE THIS???
Perhaps god found humans, and only created the snake, and just went on from there. Perhaps god is just the ultamate plagurizer.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

(September 28, 2009 at 4:01 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Christians don't worship out of fear. They worship because it is beneficial and uplifting.

This would be a matter of personal opinion.

fr0d0 Wrote:The focus of an atheist is so often destructively negative. It's adherence results in failure in life in opposition to natural selection.

Not all Atheists are "destructively negative" as you put it. Granted, some probably are though. You shouldn't state it the way you did.

If I may suggest: "Some Atheists are "destructively negative"". Smile
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
If I created something with intelligence would I wish it to
worship me? Certainly not and any God worth his salt wouldn't either.
All this worship and 'praise him' lark is just man made nonsense, as is all the
tomfoolery of silly hats and gold coats etc. worn by the high clergy.

I wonder what all those dressed up in their robes think that their
God would wear .....Omni fashioned Exclamation

Albert.
"People are like black holes. They are self centred!"
"You are what was in your mother's genes and what was in your father's jeans!"
"If the Buck stops here, how can the Doe go all the way?"

(Albert's original quotes)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about Dawkins enemies of reason documentary Quill01 3 469 April 17, 2022 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  The reason religion is so powerful Macoleco 344 21589 June 30, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 10178 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6730 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Worship and Emotion Astreja 32 8184 July 1, 2017 at 3:41 am
Last Post: KerimF
  Another Reason Christians are Dangerous Rhondazvous 49 7667 February 5, 2017 at 8:55 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26267 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Atheists Have the Most Logical Reason for being Moral Rhondazvous 24 7320 January 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  The only important reason I'm more powerful than god. Foxaèr 5 1948 November 13, 2015 at 4:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  The reason humans believe drfuzzy 31 5767 October 10, 2015 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon