Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abusive Theology 101
Abusive Theology 101
Today I was talking with a homeless man in my neighborhood. I’ve known this man for a few months, and on occasion I have given him food (never cash). I have sat with him on several occasions to keep him company and to listen to him tell his life story. This guy makes no effort to hide his christian association, and in fact he often uses it to pull on the heartstrings of other gullible people (christians), and gets them to give him cash or anything else he can swindle from them. I notice that the “christians” never sit and talk with him, hmmmmm? Thinking

Today he asked me for food after telling me that I was hell bound for being born a sinner, and for turning my back on Jesus (I am atheist). I told him “No problem, I‘ll feed you”, and I invited him over for a steak and lobster dinner which I promised I would freely give to him. I told him I had a room in my home prepared for him, and that he could feast, and live in comfort and luxury for all of his days. He was very excited!

I told him to come by around 6:00PM and to be prepared to worship me if he expected to get what I had promised him. He seemed perplexed. He then asked, “Why would you withhold what you’ve promised me unless I agree with your ideas, and do as you say?” I responded, “Because you arrive at my door defiled and deserving death”. He said I was being violent toward him because of my gross mischaracterization of him, and he demanded to know what gave me the right to ask him to perform as I dictated, and to judge him as worthy of death. He then cursed me out for dangling a proverbial carrot in front of his face (my promise of paradise), and he then proceeded to list my many sins. I guess you could say that he didn’t like my theology.

How ironic that he stumbled away unaware of what had just happened to him, and how sad that I will now have to eat another lobster tail with my second fillet. Tisk, tisk.Wink Shades
RE: Abusive Theology 101
Nice one. I loves me a good parable, I does.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[quote='BrianSoddingBoru4' pid='487564' dateline='1375483090']
Nice one. I loves me a good parable, I does.

Boru
Thanks Boru. I should add that I was not entirely cruel, and that I did return to him afterward, and gave him a sandwich (which he ate while cursing me to eternal hell). Maybe he was mad that it wasn't a lobster sandwich. Undecided
You get a homeless man all excited about his good fortune, then take it away because he will not violate his firmly held convictions. Then you brag about it as if you were clever. No . You're just an asshole.
Thanks for the feedback Chad. And thanks for missing the point, and for the judgment. I never asked him to violate his firmly held beliefs, I
was merely demonstrating the idiocy of them. If you only have harsh words then scream them into the mirror. I have fed this bum for months.
Chad the theist wrote

"You get a (homeless) man all excited about his good fortune, then take it away because he will not violate his firmly held convictions. Then you brag about it as if you were clever. No . You're just an asshole."

Tell me Chad, how do I differ from your god? I've made the same offer as it supposedly did to me (us). Your god says "I'll give you paradise if you'll violate your firmly held convictions", and if we don't we're damned, and your god brags about it. Nice god you serve. I expect theists to react as you did. Nice christian love on the name calling BTW. Devil
(August 2, 2013 at 7:38 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: You get a homeless man all excited about his good fortune, then take it away because he will not violate his firmly held convictions. Then you brag about it as if you were clever. No . You're just an asshole.

And you missed the point, just as the homeless man did. Facepalm
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Delusions of persecution, and good acting, helps garner the sympathy vote.

FFF...check your liquor cabinet. Bums. Just sayin'.
(August 2, 2013 at 10:41 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Delusions of persecution, and good acting, helps garner the sympathy vote.

FFF...check your liquor cabinet. Bums. Just sayin'.

@Captain Colostomy... True on all counts, and as for the liquor cabinet, it has been dry for many years. Cheers!
Today's new moral standard at work, two wrongs make a right. What's up with that, do you think by feeding this guy on occasion and talked to him a few times you did something earth shattering. There are Christian organizations that feed, cloth and shelter the homeless everyday, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year for years on end. They spend time with these people talking to them and listening to their stories every day, and never throw them a bone on a string, they love them, these people serve with little to no pay and why because they have a love for these people. Will you help this man like this every day for the next ten years, or do you find that your bone trick is the more pleasing way for you. Just remember you're not that far away from his shoes, you might think you're fine, but so have many of the homeless before they became homeless.

Here's what your version of God's attitude would be. You die, go before God and He says oh you're the one who on occasion feed the homeless man and talked to him. Well I guess you deserve a place in paradise, move right this way for your wings please so you can go to your mansion on a planet I made just for you. You then see God push a button the door under your feet opens and you see the homeless man waving by as you fall towards Devil. In reality if you find yourself before God the Father it want be anything like this.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theology and Sociology SimpleCaveman 38 2410 November 28, 2023 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15520 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theology of Atheism: Do the clergy/theologians really believe? SenpaiNoticeMeYouBlindShmuck 6 2670 September 21, 2016 at 1:16 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Self Deception 101 Foxaèr 5 1457 January 27, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Holy Bible 101 Rokcet Scientist 14 3399 September 27, 2011 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Atheists Commenting On Theology! Kyuuketsuki 36 14594 August 3, 2009 at 10:34 am
Last Post: chatpilot
  Prosperity Theology Oldandeasilyconfused 8 3916 July 27, 2009 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: chatpilot