Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Holy Bible 101
The Holy Bible 101

RE: The Holy Bible 101
You're preaching to the choir brother! Tongue
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm)Cinjin Wrote: You're preaching to the choir brother! Tongue

What's worse, it's not even a full episode.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The bible is a bunch of Bullshit. If god really wrote the bible, why didn't he just send it down from heaven written out?

What's scary is that there are so many different translations of the bible.

I grew up in a Catholic school. My brother was a year ahead of me, so instead of my mom buying new books for me and my brother, she would buy just my brothers books and I would use his book the next year. The thing is, each year they would update to a newer version, and EVERY YEAR, the text would change. Literally entire paragraphs would be excluded that were quotes from the bible. In class when we would study from the misselette which is taken from the bible, it would be different from the ones in church.

The bible has been changed and modified and translated so many times. If it is the word of god, why does it change every year? Does god need an editor to take out paragraphs that contradict other parts of the bible?

Make America Great Again! Trump 2020
Apparently god could have used an editor, yes. I've recently been informed that the message of god is actually only four words long. Talk about overwritten.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The Bible is bullshit, but what's more bullshit is that millions of parents/teachers are forcing it to the pure minds of children everyday. Same goes with all faith based beliefs.
(September 26, 2011 at 6:29 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Apparently god could have used an editor, yes. I've recently been informed that the message of god is actually only four words long. Talk about overwritten.

What four words?

My guesses:

On your knees, mortal!

Send your money today.

Don't question your priest.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Ask Frodo. Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 26, 2011 at 1:20 pm)Cinjin Wrote: You're preaching to the choir brother! Tongue

So, it's ok for him to preach Cinjin?

Quote:What four words?

My guesses:

On your knees, mortal!

Send your money today.

Don't question your priest.

Bend over, altar boy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem with "Holy Places". onlinebiker 28 2347 March 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Gender of Holy Spirit TwoKnives99 31 4718 November 17, 2018 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7781 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  First Holy Communion (reflections) vulcanlogician 39 5717 May 13, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Finding the holy grail ignoramus 3 1025 May 4, 2018 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How can you explain the miracle of the Holy Fire? Thracian 42 10914 April 23, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Astreja
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7599 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
Music Are the holy angels like the time-cops? theBorg 150 18639 October 11, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  The Holy Horseshit...No Matter Who Wrote It...Is The Problem Minimalist 7 4028 December 12, 2015 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Self Deception 101 Foxaèr 5 1457 January 27, 2015 at 3:11 am
Last Post: robvalue