Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Thread Has Been 'Locke'd for Introduction
This Thread Has Been 'Locke'd for Introduction
Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself; my name's Locke.

As far as religious background, nobody wants to read a super long post so I'll sum it up briefly:

I was born in a religious family (born a Christian, as they say) and really had Christianity shoved down my throat. They made me go to church, etc.
During that time I was exposed to a bit of Bible and I saw a lot of hypocrisy - people using the Bible to justify them and to get what they wanted; they used it as a tool for manipulation. I decided I wanted nothing to do with that and, concluding God was real but Christianity must be dead. I started living in opposition to Christianity.
Further down the road I flipped between Agnosticism and Atheism, much like Darwin.

Eventually I came to a point in my life where I honestly didn't care if I was right or not. I just wanted to find out the truth, no matter how easy or difficult it might be, and be willing to change my beliefs to accept it. About two and a half years ago, I started doing serious study to find out the truth about God, all the various religions, atheism, etc. and a few months later, after fighting through a myriad of bitter feelings towards Christianity and the bad experiences I'd had, I accepted Jesus as Lord and got baptized, based on the evidence I've found.
I didn't stop there; I am still researching more into it daily. All the evidence I have found has given me more confidence in my decision, but I never want to come to a place where I think I know it all, and I am always willing to look at new evidence.
I hope to find more people here who genuinely want to find the truth on these matters. It's my belief that any honest person who really wants to find the truth will find it, and when they do, they will either have to accept it, or stop being honest.

Thanks for reading.
[Image: AJqsKtG.jpg]
RE: This Thread Has Been 'Locke'd for Introduction
Hello Locke and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Had only it been.... welcome.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(August 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm)Locke Wrote: I accepted Jesus as Lord and got baptized, based on the evidence I've found.

That's not usually what happens. Wink

Welcome!
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(August 6, 2013 at 1:21 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(August 6, 2013 at 1:16 pm)Locke Wrote: I accepted Jesus as Lord and got baptized, based on the evidence I've found.

That's not usually what happens. Wink

Welcome!

Nope , it is very strange.

I'm looking forward to hearing your evidence (in the other forums where we are allowed to be mean though Smile).

Welcome!
Hello, and yes....evidence?

Ooh..ooh...bible based? Gotsta be...

Welcome!
Does this mean that LostLocke has been found?
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Welcome Enjoy the forums
Welcome. I too look forward to hearing about where you went looking for the truth and where you finally found the evidence you needed. Glad you're still open to the truth wherever that may lead you.

Very curious to learn what your favorite book might be and if you think they are all on equal footing.
Quote:based on the evidence I've found.

Why do I doubt that this "evidence" will be up to snuff?

Welcome..... for now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 746 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 977 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1972 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1437 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 4152 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2325 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 2043 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well, it's been about four years. What's up all? Mudhammam 12 1241 July 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: tackattack
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1173 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 995 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir