Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares
Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares
Just had to post.
Quote:A Russian MP has reportedly called for the right of marines to whip gay people in public.

Alexander Mikhailov is deputy of the Legislative Assembly of the Trans-Baikal Parliament and said he plans to put forward the violent proposal as a new regional law.http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/06/20/rus...c-squares/
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares
Does He think this is some kind of a joke?!
It's weird how homophobes always suggest the gayest possible punishment for homosexuality.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Why Marines? Sailors too much a gamble?

Seriously, the schmuck needs a cell prepared for him at the Hague. What a dick.
It's not that innovative. Muslim countries have sodomy as criminal charges, I don't remember any cases of sodomy being charged when I was back there, hmm. Except for one politician but he was framed (long bloody story).
He looks as if He is concealing a grin. Either that or He has a saggy ass face.
(August 7, 2013 at 7:39 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: It's not that innovative. Muslim countries have sodomy as criminal charges, I don't remember any cases of sodomy being charged when I was back there, hmm. Except for one politician but he was framed (long bloody story).

Yeah, but most Muslim countries are theocracies or at least allow Sharia law to be enacted on their watch. Russia, as far as I know, doesn't. And of course, there is no justification, govt. approved or otherwise, that makes this anything less than criminal.
(August 7, 2013 at 7:59 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(August 7, 2013 at 7:39 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: It's not that innovative. Muslim countries have sodomy as criminal charges, I don't remember any cases of sodomy being charged when I was back there, hmm. Except for one politician but he was framed (long bloody story).

Yeah, but most Muslim countries are theocracies or at least allow Sharia law to be enacted on their watch. Russia, as far as I know, doesn't. And of course, there is no justification, govt. approved or otherwise, that makes this anything less than criminal.

No of course it's criminal. I just don't think it's a very feasible law to enforce and I rather doubt that Russia will manage to enforce it. All that will happen is gays will learn to be very careful about being taped in the act. And you must be very irrational to even allow a law like that to stand. It's unproductive, it's hard to enforce, the money you put into it doesn't pay off in a anyway.

I come from a country that once banned yellow shirts. No kidding. Politicians say things like these all the time, it's posturing, stupid laws don't last long, unless they're not enforced at all, like sodomy and stuff, only used for political play.
Sick shit.
And people wonder why eastern Finns get drunk and hide out in the forest bordering Russia with shotguns.. Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2264 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1809 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Where do you stand on breastfeeding in public? Cod 74 7608 September 4, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1160 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Please help me understand this Indian "law" Alexmahone 18 2405 July 25, 2018 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3043 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Are public schools really like this now? Foxaèr 24 2750 July 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5650 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Banning Crosses from Public Schools Shining_Finger 30 3434 November 8, 2015 at 8:27 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Your Sentiments on Breast Feeding in Public Catholic_Lady 184 25562 September 22, 2015 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Mermaid