Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History????
History????
How often do users here post threads on history and does anyone here actualy have an interest in discussing history?

I have.
RE: History????
I have a large passion for US History. I considered many times becoming a history teacher.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

History and archaeology are my favorite passions.
(August 14, 2013 at 7:14 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: I have a large passion for US History. I considered many times becoming a history teacher.

I hardly dont know anything about US history, only basics and stuff I read in books about different subjects but were conected.

I know alot about fascism and communism, 19th century Europe and European colonialism. And some stuff on 20th century political developments.

What I really had a great deal of interest in is the history of pre colonial Africa. Which was filled with suffisticated civilisations with distinctive cultures even including powerfull empires such as in Etheopia. All of which is unfortunatly often forgotton since that kind of suffistication was denied to be of African descent during the 19th and 20th century.

Did you know that most African slaves were sold to British, Portugese, French and Spanish slave traders by Arab slave traders who captured them because Europeans were to scared to travel deep into Africa until the mid and late 19th century, and that there is racism against blacks in the regions were arab Africa meets black Africa?
Kind of Ironic when you think that some "back to the roots" radical civil rights movements in the US of the 1960s centered arround converting people to Islam like the nation of islam.

Converting to the religion of the same people who probably captured and sold your ancestors in the first place.
Drich would love this! According to our latest discussion, he's of the mind that main reason every Empire has fallen is due to the destruction of the traditional family. Anyone who thinks otherwise or tries to show him why this thinking is fallacious is, according to him, not as well-versed in history as he thinks they should be. Needless to say, that man has been fun to talk to as of late.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 14, 2013 at 6:40 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: How often do users here post threads on history and does anyone here actualy have an interest in discussing history?

I have.
I used to like history, but that's all in the past.
I have a degree in history. I'd love to see more topics on history in this forum but I'm too lazy to start them myself.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I am a World War II buff myself, however history is one of my passions.
[Image: grumpy-cat-and-jesus-meme-died-for-sins.jpg]

I would be a televangelist....but I have too much of a soul.
I'm currently on an American Civil War kick. And, looking on Amazon.de, I've found that the book I believe to be the definitive account of the conflict, James McPherson's "The Battle Cry of Freedom" is even available in German, under the title of Für die Freiheit sterben. Sadly, Shelby Foote's three-volume account isn't available in German, but, of course, since the author was from Mississippi, a state that only officially ratified the abolition of slavery six months ago, it does have a slight Pro-Confederate bias.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I'm about to give a presentation about Old Baghdad for an Arabic intermediate course that I'm taking. This place was truly the center of the world until religion told the people there that most books should be burned.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a continent in history where Britain never went too? Sweden83 21 1105 December 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Kamala Harris makes history Foxaèr 5 482 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The biggest crime in the history of humanity WinterHold 16 2724 September 22, 2017 at 7:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  History and some of the atrocities associated with it ErGingerbreadMandude 0 401 September 14, 2017 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  America drops "largest non-nuclear bomb in history" on Afganistan Aroura 77 12016 April 17, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  History of the electoral college READ.... Brian37 20 2141 November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  No wonder students don't know history... Minimalist 21 5486 July 5, 2014 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  History and the use of religion by political powers KichigaiNeko 23 5421 January 4, 2014 at 9:25 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
Video A thousand years of bloody English history Cyberman 1 967 October 7, 2013 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  History of the internet atheist movement. Brian37 2 1498 September 27, 2013 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Brian37