Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember To Always Tithe!
Remember To Always Tithe!
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay...tor_f.html

Quote:A former Polk County pastor has been found guilty of fraud.

According to partner newspaper the Ledger, a jury spent an hour deliberating Wednesday afternoon before convicting Joe Hardie.

The 68-year-old former pastor of New Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church was found guilty of scheme to defraud, grand theft of more than $100,000, money laundering more than $20,000, and two counts of money laundering more than $300.

He was acquitted on one count of grand theft of more than $20,000.

According to an affidavit, Hardie took money from the church for his personal from 2007 to 2009.

Hardie will be sentenced Oct. 3.
RE: Remember To Always Tithe!
Florida really is one of the worst states. I honestly wonder what provoked my grandparents and my parents to move down here when I was a toddler.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I can hear the explanation now.

"Jay-sus said to me - 'Boy! Put yo hand in the till and grab what ya can for my GLORY!
Praise Jay-sus, hallelujah. "

Phony fucking baptist bastards.
And if he just cries an apology on camera, all is forgiven.

Gullible schmucks.
I have a question.

I do not tithe always in the typical way. (Putting money in the plate.)

Sometimes I will give to a charity or some sort of organization. Others I will give to indivisual people when I see a true need. Now if I see you have a need and God prompts me to give you money, bus ticket, gift card, rent, or whatever, and you decide to use my tithe for something else does that make you guilty of the same sin as this Polk county pastor in your minds eye? Why or why not?
(August 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm)Drich Wrote: Now if I see you have a need and God prompts me to give you money, bus ticket, gift card, rent, or whatever, and you decide to use my tithe for something else does that make you guilty of the same sin as this Polk county pastor in your minds eye? Why or why not?

Nope. Ist of all, the pastor is guilty of a crime, not a sin. Secondly, if you give the money to me, then it belongs to me to be used in whatever manner I like, regardless of your delusional reasons for giving it to me. Therefore - no crime.
I saved 10% by switching to atheism!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
And it you switch to Geico you can save another 15%.
(August 15, 2013 at 9:49 pm)Drich Wrote: Sometimes I will give to a charity or some sort of organization. Others I will give to indivisual people when I see a true need. Now if I see you have a need and God prompts me to give you money, bus ticket, gift card, rent, or whatever, and you decide to use my tithe for something else does that make you guilty of the same sin as this Polk county pastor in your minds eye? Why or why not?

Well, when you tithe, isn't the understanding that the money will be used for god's purposes, like the upkeep of the church or the good works the church is bound to do? You're not giving the money to the preacher, but to the religion and the deity it worships, no? So that money shouldn't be used for an individual's private use, regardless of his or her position within the church.

Meanwhile, I'm a private citizen; you wouldn't be giving me anything with the implicit purpose behind it. Now, if you outright tell me you'd like me to spend that money on X thing, and I do otherwise, that's dishonest of me, but not a crime at all.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Tithe = Zehnt. I actualy spent 5 minutes looking up the bloody translation until I found a proper one. At least I think it is a proper one.

Charities are notorious for being used to launder money, the sceem of donating to a charity and then letting the charity invest into something under your name or a project that goes bankrupt and the money is payed back to you is hard to trace back.

And it is not only church charities which are used for this kind of scam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why your prayers often, if not always fail Drich 18 1790 February 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Remember this part in the bible? Foxaèr 17 2937 June 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  It's Always Sunny - evolution versus Christianity LadyForCamus 201 42538 February 27, 2016 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Will the influence of religion always exist in my life GoHalos1993 12 3803 November 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  So, once shown how, Peter was always able to walk on water ? vorlon13 38 6939 November 8, 2015 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  do you remember that guy who said the rapture was coming? atheist04330 11 3431 July 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is killing a witch always a bad thing? Drich 131 40372 October 31, 2013 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Michelle_Patton
  Remember, they're only signs from god if you already agree! Esquilax 14 4307 September 18, 2013 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  The idea of God always existing Voltair 200 78768 December 18, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Why do the Christians always hate sex so much? Ciel_Rouge 95 44334 August 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Whateverist