Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Why do the Christians always hate sex so much?
I mean one could make a whole list out of that:

1. obsession with virginity which in reality means no sex for women or much less sex before marriage or before a certain age (by the way - don't you think that being a virgin after reaching puberty and beginning to have periods is just unhealthy and un-hygienic?)

2. the absurd mutually exclusive simultanous ban on abortion and contraception and condoms in particular - I really do observe hardcore Catholics and orthodox in Poland adhere to this - it is like inviting diseases and unwanted pregnancies

3. discouraging masturbation resulting in one's disconnection and ignorance of own body as well as severe stresss

4. hatred towards adult entertainment and sensuality in mainstream culture
RE: Why do the Christians always hate sex so much?
5.Because they have a small penis.
And they cant stick their boneration in a woman's separation,to increaser the human population.

Angel Cloud
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

(August 28, 2012 at 11:37 am)Ciel_Rouge Wrote: by the way - don't you think that being a virgin after reaching puberty and beginning to have periods is just unhealthy and un-hygienic?

Being that I started my period when I was 10, I don't think girls/women should start experimenting sexually simply because they have started their menses. Experimenting with one's sexuality is good and healthy, but not for a 10 year old.
I think its more that they hate women rather than sex.
I'm not certain on this, but this interpretation is based on my basic understanding of primitive thinking and cultures and religion. Old time religions don't understand things like parasites, fungus, bacteria and viruses. When there's a disease, they just credit God because they don't understand the underlying issue. They understood sexually transmitted diseases enough to understand that they were spread with sex and promiscuous people were especially prone to them. This led to the religious belief that God hates most sex. If not for the fact that we need sex for procreational purposes, churches would claim all sex is evil; especially the Catholics. Thing is, we didn't bother to update our beliefs when science caught up.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Because their god boy Jesus probably never got any.
(August 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm)festive1 Wrote: Being that I started my period when I was 10, I don't think girls/women should start experimenting sexually simply because they have started their menses. Experimenting with one's sexuality is good and healthy, but not for a 10 year old.

I don't see a problem with children masturbating and experimenting with their sexuality in that way, but yeah, intercourse at that age is extreme indeed.

(August 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm)Chuck Wrote: Because their god boy Jesus probably never got any.

And the poor dude was bff with a hooker. Go figure..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Monotheistic religions, specifically Abrahamic, also needed a way to separate themselves from those godawful Greeks and Romans who were orgiastic and liked buggering boys.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(August 28, 2012 at 1:28 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Monotheistic religions, specifically Abrahamic, also needed a way to separate themselves from those godawful Greeks and Romans who were orgiastic and liked buggering boys.

They buggered everything.

Except for the boys part, that was only some Greeks.

I admire them all bar the boys bit.

When in Rome, fuck like the Romans. You're up Summer.
I don't think very many Christians "hate" sex anymore. They just don't like it outside marriage (or pretend not to like it).

Most of the Christian's ideas about sex, marriage, homosexuality, don't seem to really come from the "bible" when it's read in its proper historical context. Most of the passages Christians cite against homosexuality don't seem to be actually against homosexuality per se but rather things like pedestry or certain cultic practices.

There isn't a single verse in the bible against masturbation. Nor is there one against "lust" or erotic materials, though many misread matt 5:28 to imply that it is against those things when it seems to be actually condemning men thinking about committing adultery.

The things I said above aren't certain though. Some are more probable understandings of biblical sexual ethics but its not entirely clear. And given that the bible is a human document made over thousands of years, its sexual ethic is not consistent.

But of course, fundamentalist Christians can't accept uncertainty about the meaning of verses, nor inconsistency, so they will continue to use the bible as their ventriloquist dummy.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 179 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13225 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  You think Catholics hate Charles Goodyear Woah0 7 1296 August 28, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1241 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3081 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious groups in UK failing children over sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 1135 September 2, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7330 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  why your prayers often, if not always fail Drich 18 1795 February 12, 2020 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Fox News’ Father Jonathan Morris is Quitting the Priesthood So He Can Have Sex Fake Messiah 46 10624 June 7, 2019 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Drich
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3443 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer